Project Gutenberg

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #8073 by
Project Gutenberg was created by
I saw this site, and you can download almost any book. I want to go back and read the classics, this is cool.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #8075 by
Replied by on topic Re:Project Gutenberg
I tend to like to actually own the books. I can't stand ready whole books on the internet/computer.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 7 months ago #8076 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Project Gutenberg
Justice wrote:

I tend to like to actually own the books. I can't stand ready whole books on the internet/computer.

Despite the practicality of the internet, there I agree with you Master Justice the is nothing like the feel of a book. My books are like friends who you can hold and who smile at you everyday. They are like companions who follow you throuhout life. On looking at someone`s bookshelf you can even distinguish someone`s development and journey through life.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #8077 by
although i'm all about getting literature out there and in a format that anyone can read- i have to agree with Masters Jon and Justice.
there is a certain power that a book has. maybe it's in the \"curling up with a good book\" or maybe it's something in holding the book that puts you more in touch. but it's just something you can't get off a computer.
i actually print off the books i've gotten off the computer and read them that way typically.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 7 months ago #8078 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Project Gutenberg
stevef wrote:

although i'm all about getting literature out there and in a format that anyone can read- i have to agree with Masters Jon and Justice.
there is a certain power that a book has. maybe it's in the \"curling up with a good book\" or maybe it's something in holding the book that puts you more in touch. but it's just something you can't get off a computer.
i actually print off the books i've gotten off the computer and read them that way typically.

Oh yes Br.Stevef how true. One of my dreams is to have a room full of books. What an atmosphere.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8211 by
Being an OTR driver I prefer the convenience of downloading and reading books,articles, and whatnot on my laptop. It allows me to bring more material with me than it would than if I had to carry several books, magazines in the space I have available.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi