ranking and threads

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 4 days ago #769 by
ranking and threads was created by
i know ranking is not important, but i would also know that on the forums if there were a place for masters, knights, and padwans, people would be placed more. rank to a point is important because even though we can learn from everyone. some would like to talk to masters and knights and padwans in a place on this forum. we could some how arrange that if you are one you can register to that thread so that way if someone new comes in they can see who is who. ranking does bring something, look at the cathlics. pope, bishope, priest, these are not all the rankings but i hope you get the point. we should have a place where it says who is the council, who is a master, a knight, and a padwan, or just a student. this wouldnt stop people from getting advice nor will it bring some kind of power that people try to take advantge. i mean this is just a suggestion, but i think it will bring something new to the table. also on these forums we can have classes and requirments so people will always have a place to learn. the more knowlege the better. thats what i feel. i hope this brings something good to the order if we go this rought. BR. John i would love to hear you're input on this.
may the force be with you all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 4 days ago #770 by
Replied by on topic Re:ranking and threads
There is a good way already in place for ranking to be established and bestowed. There has also been some talk both ways, for and against it. I can see why. If someone is truly and seriously seeking a master then they could read through much of these forums and follow whomever they choose based on their knowledge and feelings of the Force. It seems that rank could be misleading as well for new people as I have seen based on the past that some so-called masters acted little better than greedy and envious children. None-the-less I will discuss it with Br. John.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 4 days ago #771 by
Let's ask Master Dunn if he can make some 'rank' indicators.

A person who takes the vows and accepts our creed as their way of life is a Knight of Jediism but there are beginning Knights and experienced Knights so the ranks within the Knight category are:

(Novice) Knight
Bronze Star
Silver Star
Gold Star
and I can't remember the 5th level; I'll have to look it up.

Within the clergy there are ministers who cannot ordain other ministers and then there are 'Bishop' ministers who can ordain a minister.

A student may address their teacher as master for a show of respect.

There are not many Masters of Jediism but I know Knights that are better teachers than some Masters.

Let's work this out together. All vowed member ARE the council. There are no secret forums or skulduggery around here unless The People demand some for a little excitement.

I'm open to your (all of you - The Members) ideas. It is your collective decision.

Br. John

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 4 days ago #772 by
ok this has brought more light to this. thank you very much. i understand now what you mean and now i can move forward more. now comes to the question what about more classes about jediism and the force. i think like a meeting time where everyone can get online then meet in the jedi flash chat so we can all discuss things. the ranking thing was more for when the order grows. as in you BR john as the main one of this order then it goes from there. kind of like a chain of command. i don't know maybe thats the ex military in me. lol but its just a thought. i hope this helps.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 4 days ago #773 by
I am never a fan of ranks or titles. The purpose they serve is usually either one of vanity or one of identification. I don't mind the latter and am never a proponent of the former. those are my feelings on the matter. If they are merely to identify who can perhaps help answer questions, then it would be an identification tool. However I would hate to see it start off as such and develop into the other.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 4 days ago #774 by
Br. John wrote:

Let's ask Master Dunn if he can make some 'rank' indicators.

A person who takes the vows and accepts our creed as their way of life is a Knight of Jediism but there are beginning Knights and experienced Knights so the ranks within the Knight category are:

Let's work this out together. All vowed member ARE the council. There are no secret forums or skulduggery around here unless The People demand some for a little excitement.

I'm open to your (all of you - The Members) ideas. It is your collective decision.

Br. John

Twsoundsoff wrote:

I am never a fan of ranks or titles. The purpose they serve is usually either one of vanity or one of identification. I don't mind the latter and am never a proponent of the former. those are my feelings on the matter. If they are merely to identify who can perhaps help answer questions, then it would be an identification tool. However I would hate to see it start off as such and develop into the other.

Well, what do you think Br. John it seems their is contention..... We do have over a hundred votes on the current poll we could set up another for members only to vote on. We could survey this rank issue and put it to rest finally, letting the new council of Jedi make the first and probably a very important decision......

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 4 days ago #775 by
just to tap into that a bit, I want to clarify that I would support their use so long as they were merely for identification purposes.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 4 days ago #778 by
i agree fully and thats what i ment by the good of ranking

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 4 days ago #779 by
I assure you that's the idea. If anyone wants to see the nightmare of rank and council in action ... I'm sure y'all know where to look without me naming names other than to confess I've learned that lesson the hard way.:whistle:

I'd rather eat a Vaseline sandwich than go through that horror again.

Br. John

Twsoundsoff wrote:

just to tap into that a bit, I want to clarify that I would support their use so long as they were merely for identification purposes.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 4 days ago #780 by
Well then it has my full support.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi