Catch up

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6989 by
Catch up was created by
I just found out that i have a third interview with Macy's (i think it is a department store). Anyway, i thought i should let you all know why i am hopeing so bad to get this job, i don't really talk about the hard times that i have been going threw lately because i don't like to make my problems everyone elses problems but i would like everyone to pray or send best wishes or something because i really need this job. Okay, here it goes.

Some years ago before i moved in with my fiancee and his families house, they lost the house to the bank for not paying the morgage (we know whose fault that is but i am trying not to point fingers). Well, the people who bought the house agreed to allow us to rent it from them for a reasonable price. So, we were doing fine, i had a job on a nd off and my fiancee is usually working. His aunt was working for Edison making very good money, and his dad, well we won't talk about him just yet. Anyway, we were doing fine, until his Aunt just stopped wanting to go to work, i don't entirely know why, she just started making excusses to stay home. Until they gave her a choice, be fired or retire early. So she retired early. My fiancee's great grandmother was still alive at this time and we were still getting some money from her welfare, or what ever it is you get when you're 93. And that was paying the rent, it was enough for us to live not so comfortably. Well, she passed away in March, but my fiancee and his dad got jobs, not making great money but enough. We were making it threw, my fiancee was fired due to no fault of his own (seriously, even his supperior said it was BS and sent a nasty letter to the temp agency). Well, his dad was still getting money and we managed to reach our hands into his Aunt retirement fund which was a few thousand. Well that helped but went quick enough. My fiancee found a new job working at Subway and things looked brighter. We quickly went threw the retirement funds in just a few short months, but we were slightly comfortable. Well, now that is gone and subway isn't cutting it, not to mention the people there just don't like chris, they tell him he's slow but he moves just as fast as all of them, so now that his probation period is over they are trying to make him quit and cutting his hours down to 2 hours a week if he is lucky. We still have his dads income but that isn't enough to run a household of 4, even in the best conditions that would be tough. We may have to resort to welfare or something of the sort. On top of that these past few years i have fought my own demons, many times i have thought about suicide, never actually wanting to but sometimes it seems like things would be easier for them if i wasn't around and i know my fiancee won't let me leave him, well not for something stupid like financial reasons.

Now as for Macy's they promote from within and if you prove yourself you can be in an executive position in a matter of months. Not only that but something is better then nothing right? I really want this job, i could even turn it into a carreer that wouldn't be bad. I am hopeful but worried that i might not be what they are looking for so any good energy that can be sent, please do, i am desperate.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 8 months ago #6992 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Catch up
Innocence MTFBWY. I wil think, pray, keep my fingers crossed, hope...whatever I can that you may get this job.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #7001 by
Replied by on topic Re:Catch up
I also will keep you in my thoughts, and hope the Force has this planned for you!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #7006 by
May the Force be with you in your endevors.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #7007 by
May The Force Be With You. i'll cross my fingers, toes, legs, eyes and anything that will send good energies. i'm sure the force will guide you to where you need to be.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi