A question about Peace

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6891 by
A question about Peace was created by
I would like to pose a few questions about Peace and I would like as much participation as possible, especially from those looking to find a master to train them, and other padawans. If it is deemed necessary, this could be moved to Basic Training or something, but I would like the masters to hold off until maybe Thursday for their input, just to prevent the influencing of the younger minds. Ok, here are the questions.

1.What is your personal definition of peace?

2.What is more important Internal Peace (within yourself) or External Peace (peace in the outside world)?

3.Why?(refering to the last question)

4.What steps are you taking or can you take to implement the peace you feel is more important?

5.At what point in your actions to implement this peace would you concider your actions a success or failure? (noting that world peace is not likely something that can be accomplished by one individual in one lifetime and that total inner peace may not be completely possible either)

6.Assuming both were completely attainable which would you wish for everyone, and which would you work towards if only one?

Ok, well I kept getting interupted here at work, so I guess this will do, since I forgot the rest of what I wanted to ask.

DK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6896 by
Replied by on topic Re:A question about Peace
I would say peace is a lack of violent conflict. conflict is acceptable but it's the violence that ruins things, the anger the aggression, and the hurt. all these thing are gone in peace.

2.What is more important Internal Peace (within yourself) or External Peace (peace in the outside world)?
more important is internal peace- the ability to defeat within ourselves the above mentioned things. external peace although a good dream and one i think the world could achieve, is unlikely. And it can't happen without inner peace.

3.Why?(referring to the last question)
whoops- see above answer. :)

4.What steps are you taking or can you take to implement the peace you feel is more important?
I meditate, allot, try to know myself better, learn all that i can and constantly strive to defeat the darker sides of me.
for external peace all we can do. we can lead by example and assist those who need our assistance .

5.At what point in your actions to implement this peace would you consider your actions a success or failure? (noting that world peace is not likely something that can be accomplished by one individual in one lifetime and that total inner peace may not be completely possible either)
the only time you fail is when you give up. you never really succeed either as it's a constant learning process- if you stop trying and learning you fail.

6.Assuming both were completely attainable which would you wish for everyone, and which would you work towards if only one?
i would wish inner peace for everyone because at least then they would be happy. inner is what i would focus on for everyone. the problem is both are connected and with one the other would follow. in theory at least.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6990 by
Thanks steve, for being the only one willing to take the time to look inside yourself to answer these questions. Your willingness to be honest to yourself and others will serve you well on your path.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6994 by
truthfully, the only reason i didn't answer these questions was because i wanted to see what other people have to say. Peace can mean so many things to so many people and i like to learn what others think. I can't answer these questions though because i really can't say for sure. Peace existists in the absense of chaos, remove the chaos and you have peace, sometimes you can force peace but that can lead to more chaos. I guess i can say that i don't really do much for peace, i just let it happen, i let go of chaos and peace takes its place. How, i can not say for certain but i just know it happens.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6995 by
From http://www.Dictionary.com

peace /pis/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pees] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, interjection, verb, peaced, peac·ing.
–noun 1. the normal, nonwarring condition of a nation, group of nations, or the world.
2. (often initial capital letter) an agreement or treaty between warring or antagonistic nations, groups, etc., to end hostilities and abstain from further fighting or antagonism: the Peace of Ryswick.
3. a state of mutual harmony between people or groups, esp. in personal relations: Try to live in peace with your neighbors.
4. the normal freedom from civil commotion and violence of a community; public order and security: He was arrested for being drunk and disturbing the peace.
5. cessation of or freedom from any strife or dissension.
6. freedom of the mind from annoyance, distraction, anxiety, an obsession, etc.; tranquillity; serenity.
7. a state of tranquillity or serenity: May he rest in peace.
8. a state or condition conducive to, proceeding from, or characterized by tranquillity: the peace of a mountain resort.
9. silence; stillness: The cawing of a crow broke the afternoon's peace.
10. (initial capital letter, italics) a comedy (421 b.c.) by Aristophanes.
–interjection 11. (used to express greeting or farewell or to request quietness or silence).
–verb (used without object) 12. Obsolete. to be or become silent.
—Idioms13. at peace, a. in a state or relationship of nonbelligerence or concord; not at war.
b. untroubled; tranquil; content.
c. deceased.

14. hold or keep one's peace, to refrain from or cease speaking; keep silent: He told her to hold her peace until he had finished.
15. keep the peace, to maintain order; cause to refrain from creating a disturbance: Several officers of the law were on hand to keep the peace.
16. make one's peace with, to become reconciled with: He repaired the fence he had broken and made his peace with the neighbor on whose property it stood.
17. make peace, to ask for or arrange a cessation of hostilities or antagonism.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6997 by

Finding a balance inside yourself, learning to control your emotions, not suppress, and not become slave to them.

I find that Inner Peace to be more important, without it, how can you bring about Outer Peace?

3.Why?(refering to the last question)

See above answer for this one also.

Learning to control my emotions, and use them as I would any other tool, they are not something to be pushed down, they are to be welcomed into my life, used, letting them flow through me as I see fit, then slapping them back down, so that they know I'm the one in charge around these parts.

5.At what point in your actions to implement this peace would you concider your actions a success or failure? (noting that world peace is not likely something that can be accomplished by one individual in one lifetime and that total inner peace may not be completely possible either)

When I have the inner balance that I wish for, that will create the outer peace that I am working for also, my outer peace, and that of others is not the same thing, at least not always.

I would work towards my Inner peace, without Outer conflict, there is no further growth, and things stagnate, breeding more chaos than before, which is just going to make me want to smash things.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #7000 by
1. My personal definition of peace is no conflicts, no squabbles, no racism, no hunger, basically the whole nine yards.

2. I think that without inner peace, you cannot spread world peace.

3. If you don't have the true meaning of peace in your heart, then how do you expect to teach it to others.

4. Basically I meditate everyday, and try to concentrate on the bad things inside me. The greed, hate, avarice, and stupidity.

5. There is no failure, if you keep working towards your goal with honesty.

6. I would wish inner peace for all. That would solve the rest of the problems in itself. If only one, then I would work on my own inner peace, and try to teach it to as many as possible before I am reunited with the Force.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #7009 by
i have fun with these question posts. i think they are a great way to start a good conversation and know each other much better.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #7012 by
Peace can definitely have alot of meanings. A persons outer peace can be anothers chaos. By the same token, a persons inner peace can be through chaos they create.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #7216 by
All very good replies so far. Masters, if you'd like and have time, you can still put your opinions in, it'd be a great way for the others to get to know your perspective on something most people hold as very important. Good job once again, to all who replied.

One of those answers looks like it came out of my own head, but I guess it should be expected.

DK

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi