What Language do you Dream in?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6791 by
I was having a conversation this morning with Arch-Bishop Finch (Hans) and I asked him a question regarding his ability to speak many languages. That question was as follows:

\"What language do you think in first? German or English?\"

His response had great meaning with me and was as follows:

\"The real question of standard is What language do you Dream in?\"

So I put it to you all...What language do you dream in?

~Br. Tom
Servant of the Servants of the Force

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6792 by
Replied by on topic Re:What Language do you Dream in?
Cool question, I often wonder what language to animals in other countries speek in or is it all universal, do thay all have a Bable Fish in their ears.
To answer the question I dream in English, sometimes I dream in Swapanese or Japanish, in my mind the word order go together as normal as speaking in english, sometime it is in Swedish, Japanese, Mandrine. Sometimes it is a mish mash of ailen language from diffrent movies I may have seen through out the week.
I remember all of my dreams so I know that most of the time it is in english.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6801 by
Plain old english. That's all I got, lol.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6808 by
That is a good question, I would like to think english but i can't say it with 100% certainty, being the only language i know fluently. But here is the thing, for those who didn't know, there is something called an akashic memory where (supposedly) all things that have ever happened in the past present and future are stored, it includes all the past lives you have had. So when we sleep it is much easier to access this memory with our even realizing it, so would it be possible to dream in another language you have never even heard before if it has something to do with your dream or could you dream in another language if you spoke that language in a past life?

The possiblities of ideas in this world are limitless and i keep finding this to be true more and more. It is kinda fun to think about, especially if some of it is real.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6825 by
well i know this sounds kinda weird, but to be honest i don't ever talk i just look and speak with actions its really weird. now other people in the dream speak many other languages. hopefully this is what you were looking for lol. MTFBWYA

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6842 by
i dream in one of a few languages. English (being my first language) then it depends on the type of dream i'm having. When my dream is abstract or weird it's in Spanish (the second language i became fluent in) then if it's anything to do with my ancestors or family it's in Hawaiian (my third language), i've also dreamed (not often but sometimes) in Klingon, Elvish, andmore recently in Mandrin and Korean ( i am taking lessons).

so here is my conclusions...what language you dream in is based upon what you know, what you like, what you remeber, your heritage, and your subconcious (what you pick up over your lifetime)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi