I NEED OPINIONS!!!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6316 by
I NEED OPINIONS!!! was created by
i am starting multi religious group on Yahoo, i have no idea what to name it at the moment, but i have been thinking about this for some time.
Here is the group discription that i just posted on Witchvox.com, i am about to be changing my profile there but here is what i wrote.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This group was originally posted as primarily for what many to be considered 'witch's', I would like to change that to a group that speaks opening about any belief system, and that is possibly involved in what many consider 'New Age'. This includes but is not limited to:
Wicca
Paganism (in general)
Hellenic Paths
Ancient Roman Beliefs (i appologize, i don't know the actual term)
Druidic Paths
Shamanic Paths
Religions of 'eastern' origin (i.e. Tao, Confucius, Buddha, etc.)
Roma (gypsy for those who may not know)
The many and various paths that span Europe
Jediism (don't look at me funny, it is a religion)
And i know there are more, let me know and i will add them.

I will not exclude anything but know that children may someday be present and one should hold their tongues for the sake of the childrens ears.

This group will primarliy be based in the San Bernardino area but any and all who wish to learn about what ever it is they choose may come, listen, learn or teach.

With any hope we may be able to open a discrimination free center where all the information available here can be available there (a personal goal of mine).

I hope to see anyone who is willing to learn to come and share, don't be shy, i know we are small right now. I will be fixing up and making some changes to the site that is already up so it will be an expansion of beliefs and religions present.

Sincerely,
April

Any and all ideas for this site may be e-mailed to me at Hawthorn_queen@yahoo.com
Hawthornqueen999@aol.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, ideas, opinions, suggestions?
Constructive criticism, i might cry but i will be all the better for it, lol.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6318 by
Replied by on topic Re:I NEED OPINIONS!!!
i hopr you find the name you are looking for, maybe wicca is the best one for it. i dont really know just hoping i am suggesting something to help. MTFBWY

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6320 by
I think the name i will be going with is spiritual minds of San bernardino, but still working on it. i want it to be very generic and maybe a bit mysterious, lol.

Opinions on the actual discription of the site?

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 8 months ago #6322 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:I NEED OPINIONS!!!
Gyhldeptis, a possible name.

This reflects your wish: \"I would like to change that to a group that speaks opening about any belief system\"

I take opposites
and conflicts
all that is contradictory
I take the diverse
and varied
I take the simple
and solitary
and mix and merge
meld and blend
I take what is separate
and create union
I bring together
what needs to be brought together
so wholeness is achieved
The Mythology

Gyhldeptis (pronounced gill-dep'tis), whose name means \"lady hanging hair\", is the forest Goddess of the Tlingit and Haida people of northwest North America. To her people she was the mossy hanging branches of cedar. When her people were threatened by the destructive whirlpool Kaegyihl Depgeesk, which ate seafaring ships, she called all the natural powers of the coast together and perpared for them a sumptuous feast. Delighted with the feast, they all agreed to work with her. Thus Gyhldeptis was able to synthesize their energies and change the whirlpool into a river.

The Lessons of this Goddess

Gyhldeptis glides into your life to tel you the way to wholeness for you now lies in synthesis. It is time to bring al the divergent parts, all the opposing pieces, together into one whole you. At this time in your life you may be engaged in conflict or opposition. Now you must resolve it and create union. Perhaps you are dissipating your energy, your life force, in too many directions or have hundreds of irons in the fire. This is the time to find the common thread that will serve your needs in the best way. The Goddess says that by learning to listen to all the different pieces, all the divergent parts of you (and this can include your family, community, partner), you hear and give what is needed to creat wholeness. Wholeness is created when all the parts are honored and listened to, when all parts are brought together and synthesized into a whole. The greatest gifts to the whole often lie in the most disparate pieces.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6326 by
Thank you Jon! ONce again you pull threw for me. I wuv u. lol, seriously, you rock. I am going to copy and paste this to a word document so i can look at it when i want to know that what i am trying to do is a perfect reflection of who and what she is.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 8 months ago #6328 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:I NEED OPINIONS!!!
MTFBWY with your multi-religious group. Yet another step to make this world into a better place!

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6329 by
Any who wish to join are welcome. Come, speak on Jediism or what other religions you have come to believe in the past.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6334 by
sorry here is the link

http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.groupProfile&groupID=106224261

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6341 by
The text for the topics and threads shows up as white on a white background... the only way to see it was to highlight it.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #6342 by
on myspace, there should be an image in the background of a dark forest with the sun shining through. I just opened and it is there for me, could it be your computer?
and sorry about it, i will make the text grey just in case.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi