Aiding the World

More
12 years 1 month ago #54219 by Wescli Wardest
I received a letter form an old colleague and friend today. He is riding his bicycle for charity and it will be a long hard ride. Many of the members here at TOTJO are in their twenties (or younger) and this may not sound like such a difficult challenge. I assure you that as you get older, stuff gets harder.

But this got me thinking. All too often, I read about Jedi wanting to do more to help the world and not finding what would be an acceptable answer for them. I agree we need to do more to be of assistance to our fellow man. And sometimes we would like our sphere of influence to reach beyond the average, everyday.

Which there is nothing wrong with starting local and aiding in your own communities. In fact, that is where I would suggest we all start. But there are those who wish to do more on a global scale. And this is where my line of thought took me on that matter. We are not a global powerhouse but we are global. Meaning worldwide. Why shouldn't we help on a global scale?

There are organizations already in existence that do this. Like the Red Cross. They always need financial contributions and workers if you feel you need to go and be hands on. Rather most realize it or not, many of these organizations already have so many volunteers that monetary support is more needed. I know that sounds strange but if everybody wanted to go and dig wells, who would fund it?

Now I'm not suggesting that we all go out and give money to the first charity we find. I feel that my priorities lie here first. Meaning that I donate to TOTJO before I give anywhere else. This is because I know (from personal experience) that the aid rendered here does good. This is an organization that helps others and asks for very little in return. And although we do not see the cost of running a site, there are many.

I had an idea... If we donate here; then any additional funds that aren't required to run the site can be put aside for charity. Of course it will be difficult for everyone to agree which one to donate to but “One twig, by itself is weak. Many twigs together are strong and do not break.”

I'm sure things like this have been discussed before; but, as the Temple grows, so does its resources. And its ability to be more a part in the “Grand Scheme” of things.

“A single grain of rice can tip the scales.”

May the Force be with you all... always.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #54225 by
Replied by on topic Re: Aiding the World
What a wonderful idea you have Wescli. I agree with you and know that as your heart matures these ideals/visions become more pronounced. I have had visions of the group in Arizona. I believe we can do more on the local level and then span out on a global level. How great would it be to gather with other Jedi and provide service to a volunteer group or homeless shelter. I long,someday, to be side by side with my brother/sister working in perfect unison with the Force providing for others. I don't know who these new Jedi are because I have not met them, I know they are out there and someday we will unite in our common vision.

visit www.azjeditemple.org (it's parked for now)

This is the begining of calling out to those who will someday follow the Jedi path on a local scale. The way to do this is one person at a time. Jedi Evangelism so to speak.

Keep dreaming big in the Force Wescli.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi