What being a master means to me

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #53426 by
so over the last many days I have learned this I still need to learn. I have said that before so I may be repeating myself.

I have been wondering about What being a Master Really does mean? What is it I have Mastered? Being a good master at least for me means seeing the flaws in myself and recognizing then and working on them.

It means never assuming you have all the answers but discovering what the answers are. Being a master means taking what you have learned and passing it on to others but also changing perspective on such teachings when needed.

The Universe always teaches what we must learn but not always in the most comfortable of ways. The only thing as a master I can hope to master is myself.

Thoughts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #53430 by
Personally I am with Socrates in realising that the more I learn the more I learn how little I know! As a Master I would assume that you would be even more aware of this than I!

I think very few people truly master themselves but achieving the rank of Master must at least put you well on your way!

To me your rank is one to be applauded because you have supported at least one other to achieve several steps in realising their own potential and towards self-mastery.

I would define self-mastery as the complete banishment of the ego.

MTFBWY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi