OMG, what is that smell?

More
12 years 2 months ago #52611 by Wescli Wardest
Okay, I don’t know how many of you have to use public restroom, bathrooms, water closets or whatever they’re called where you live; but, whatever happened to the courtesy flush?

For those of you who are not familiar, I will explain. It use to be common practice that if one has to go to a public restroom and “do business” that there was an (un written) rule of the courtesy flush. So that the odor would not become overpowering and KILL people upon entry one would flush before the “wonderful” aroma permeated the surrounding environment.

I know, what in the world does this have to do with JEDI? Well have we, as a whole, become so self absorbed that the ideas of putting someone else’s nasal passages ahead of our own desire to woller in our filth become so important?

Or is it that I am just so involved in protecting my own delicate nasal passages that I would put them ahead of someone’s desire to woller in their filth?

Do common courtesies exist anymore or are they going as extinct as the chivalry of old?

Monastic Order of Knights

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52642 by
Replied by on topic Re: OMG, what is that smell?

Wescli Wardest wrote: Do common courtesies exist anymore or are they going as extinct as the chivalry of old?

They're going extinct. I am a front end supervisor at a large retail store. Part of my duties is to make sure that maintenance is keeping the bathrooms clean. Here's what's sad: I have seen people waiting outside the restroom as the maintenance person is coming out from cleaning. I walk in 5 minutes (or more) later and the stall......ruined. It amazes me how certain bodily fluids get in certain places. Even though we have automatic toilets, because people just don't care, the smell still comes back. And naturally, because i'm in charge of the front end, it comes back to me when management walks in and sees...mess :(

People...are disgusting, lol.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 2 months ago #52646 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: OMG, what is that smell?
:woohoo:

omg that was hilarious reading, sadly i've seen the same...and some people are just so potent that even with the courtesy flush the aromatic scent permeates the nasal passage and burns the eyes...i avoid public restrooms if at all possible and when i do have to use them i wipe them down before and after use...(hate sitting on a wet toilet seat by accident)...seriously though the bathroom is cleaner just before and just after i use it...too bad it doesn't stay that way...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
12 years 2 months ago #52650 by Br. John

Attachment publicrestroomsheader_wm.jpg not found

Founder of The Order
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, Locksley

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #52653 by

So that the odor would not become overpowering and KILL people upon entry

I must admit that this line made me laugh out loud.

Then I thought about this, "When did disgusting become funny?" and "Is the fact that we laugh feeding this type of behavior?"

In hindsight I wish I hadn't laughed.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by . Reason: my grammar sux today

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52655 by
Sometimes you have to laugh or you'll cry!

MTFBWY

More
12 years 2 months ago #52659 by Wescli Wardest
I was afraid that this would not be taken well. But, in day to day life we face situations like this and I figured if you're going to talk about it "let's have fun"

But I do take my own conduct very seriously (I know that at times it doesn't show!) and I would think that others would too.

I thought this would be a comical reminder to Jedi everywhere that your presence does not go unnoticed. And I don't know about everyone else, but I'd like to make a decent impression when I'm out in the world.

Thanks for tolerating my potty talk! :P

Monastic Order of Knights

More
12 years 2 months ago #52660 by Br. John
If anyone's ever received one of those assorted cheese baskets for Christmas and eaten it all in one night then you know there is such a thing as the Force Push.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52661 by
Reminder....no more opening posts that start with OMG...

More
12 years 2 months ago #52666 by Br. John
Great. Now I can't stop wondering about a couple of things.

Is there really such a move as this in any of the martial arts? (jiu jitsu poo)

Attachment jiu-jitsu-poo.jpg not found

I don't know much about the Expanded Universe in Star Wars but did anyone ever get creative with the Force Choke? If you aimed it a bit lower your opponent would really experience the dark side.

Founder of The Order
Attachments:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi