Question for the night

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52317 by
Question for the night was created by
Well tonight i found out how to change the category, by the end i should know some what of what I'm doing on here. Well I have one question for the night. What would you do if you could look at a clock and know how long you had to live? This may get some odd answers but looking forward to see what may happen.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52319 by
Replied by on topic Re: Question for the night
I know what your thinking you just put up the question and now you post on it.. yes its to be fair.

If i knew how long I had to live... wow what to say. As many of you know i work in a prison so I see people at hopes end... or so they think. to most of us we go on about are days with no regard to what happens,but what if it did. I know what I would do i would spend the last bit of my time with all of my friends and family. Thats it to be with the ones I care about. Thats the one thing I have learned from the inmates you have to have family no matter what you do.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #52320 by
I wouldnt really want to know how much time i had left leaves a little mystery to my life.

I would try and do what im trying to do now slow down and enjoy things a little more. From the big events to the small ones, the good to the bad ones. They all have a part to play in our journey and mold and shape us. I would also travel a little more.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52321 by
Agreed. My time would be focused on those I love. My wife and daughter would be the center of my universe even more than they are now. I'd probably see old friends one more time before the clock hit zero as well. There are many I served with, bleed with, and stood the line with over some dark days and we share a bond almost as close as family. All that, attached to just living in the moment.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 2 months ago #52332 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Question for the night
Slowing down time is what I'm trying to to as well.... I am getting better at it...

For time is merely your perception of the world as it passes...

Then the time I am able to spend with loved ones would stretch into a seeming eternity...

As a matter of fact, its what I'm doing now... My last minute could be less than a minute away..

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52333 by
I can't honestly say it would impact me all that much in the larger decisions of life, or even the smaller ones. The path I'm on now is one that satisfies me. Sure, I have goals but my personal happiness and peace are not dependent on them in that way. I'd probably be slightly less free with my money so I could save up funeral expenses. That's about it though.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52335 by
To answer your question Slydogstags I would do nothing.

I am exactly where I want to be right now at this moment in time because where else would I be?

There is nothing else.

There is no other time.

The past is dead and the future will never be born.

A clock is a useful tool but it is also a trickster as it can fool us into believing that anything other than now exists.

MTFBWY

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi