Joseph Campbell interviews on PBS Sunday - 3/4/12

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52224 by
Check your local listings, but at least here in Indiana, WFYI in Indy is showing the entire set of Joseph Campbell interviews from 3:00pm 'til 7:00pm this Sunday. If I'm lucky, I'll find a way to get them recorded.

WTIU is showing them on channel 30.2 (over the air) later in the day.

I've checked the Kentucky Educational Television (KET) website, but I don't see it in their schedule.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52240 by
Thanks for the heads up Ptolemy. The Power of Myth series part 1-3 will start at 3 pm March 3rd. Parts 3-6 will be on at 3 pm March 10th. Setting the DVR for sure since my DVD set has gone missing.

Nice to see someone else from Indiana. Which city? I'm in Lafayette right now getting pelted by hail! :D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52312 by
I actually purchased them on DVD. Watching them is so different than just listening. You can see Joseph Campbell light up; the wisdom in his eyes. I hope you're able to watch!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52524 by
Live in Columbus, work in Greensburg.

I was actually attempting to chase the storm system that went through Ripley County and generated the EF-3 tornado that hit Holton, Dabney and raised just short of Osgood. It was too fast for me, so I didn't get to Dabney until it was gone. When I arrived, there was still debris drifting down out of the sky.

More
12 years 2 months ago #52732 by Alethea Thompson
AHH MAN!!!! Wish I had seen this Friday! Would have TOTALLY made this week's theme on the Facebook page I'm helping manage. :/ lol

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #53846 by
Also checkout Kal Bashir's website, which I think is a more detailed version of the story cycle than Joseph Campbell produces and is also much, much easier to understand.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi