applying youe jedi teachings to real life

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52087 by
lately as it seems since I have returned here I have noticed in my life situation such as my job or Boards I belong to that more and more does my jedi training come in Handy Such as patience, Understanding of others and diplomacy all of which I learned from my jedi Traing.

It seems more and more that I am being called when situations are not very good and I have to solve a dispute, come up with solutions for a problem or communicate for people who are not being heard It is kind of like the universe is putting me in these places to use these skills

pay attention to opportunities you receive from the force

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52090 by
I found the same thing happening during my apprenticeship training

The more you learn, the more you start to recognise what you're learning happening around you

The first part to everything is recognition, that recognition then helps you to further your understanding and knowledge

Through practice and experience of that I find that I grow as a person, and by proxy a Jedi

Any person with goodwill should find that applying Jedi teachings should come fairly naturally :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52097 by
I've become less angry, more patient, and more understanding even since beginning the Initiate's Programme. It does help in day to day life, and when people see someone handle one situation well they'll remember it and continue to come to that person for help.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52101 by
I was unhinged about religion and the direction of my spiritual life before I came across TOTJO. The day I joined (Oct 31st, 2011) I brought my life back into balance and was more even-keeled. It ended a journey that started over 6 years ago and started a new exciting one.

The wife can attest to this...

-LTK

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52104 by
i am glad to hear all of this its so great :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52109 by
I feel that I am more open since I've begun Jedi training. My connection to the Force is amazingly stronger. It's like it was when I was 13. I find I can handle a lot more and process things through a positive outlook instead of getting angry. I feel that my convictions about who I am have also gotten stronger.
Leena

More
12 years 2 months ago #52111 by Locksley
same for me. Since I found TOTJO and started my training I feel like I'm finally doing something with my life that actually means something, if only to me! :P I'm controlling my emotions better, I'm thinking about my actions and how they effect the world around me more (but I'm not obsessing over it as much as I used to). I feel like I'm really starting to find my path in life! Less stress, less anger, more peace, more meditation, less hyperactive thought. :)

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52112 by
Coming to Jediism has provided myself a much needed mirror through which to view things. Since becoming Jedi, much of my roomination has become more directed and has spurred me to follow the Force's guidance, using my intellect to work the details out that aren't already prescribed, more than in the past. I have less fear in my life and while I've always been one to offer a helping hand I've come to offer that hand with more confidence and in more situations.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52113 by
The same goes for me. I recognise much improvement in myself since I chose to follow the Jedi path and others have said the same.

I am certainly calmer and more at peace since I joined TOTJO as I have better control of my emotions and live in the moment without worrying about the past or future.

Although I believed in the Force before I started my training what I have learned has truly taught me that we are all connected through the Force and this has greatly enhanced my ability to feel love and compassion for all living things.

Becoming a Jedi has also encouraged me to work on my physical health and fitness and I am already seeing the benefits of this.

Being a member of TOTJO makes me feel that I am part of something really special and offers me support and encouragement like no other religious community has before.

MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #52114 by
"It's not about the money, money, money/ we don't need your money, money, money..." Jack hummed to herself as she folded the jeans. She had her application for the bookstore all filled out and double-checked, and she'd just gotten the info together to file her FAFSA. Now, all she needed to do was submit them and she'd be on her way to a bookstore job and studying for a degree in philosophy.

In the meantime, she could sing along to music with messages. Awesome.

"Jack, are you talking to yourself again?" Sarah asked as she came by with a report about... something in the company. Jack's interest had been sapped right out of her with the revelation about the impact consumerism and materialism had, on society, culture, and economy. And, given that the company they were all in right now was focused not on a higher purpose, but just on perpetuating a spending culture and making money for already bloated corporations and rich people, Jack knew she was far behind on any other kind of goals for the store.

"Only thing to do when I'm by myself." Jack replied. Sarah smirked, then cheerfully smacked Jack in the arm with the papers.

"I need you to get more email addresses from customers." Ah, so they could send them coupons and notices of sales and promotions. And, by that, lure them in to spend even more money on things they didn't need. Maybe it was self-centered, but in Jack's opinion, customers who would want to come back and shop, already, would offer to sign up for emails, anyway. The soliciting principle was... not what Jack could get behind, morally.

And, besides...

"Why?" She asked. Sarah gave her an odd, long look, but came back with a very predictable answer.

"Because, then, it counts towards your goal. You don't wanna fall behind, do ya?" So, in short, Jack would be using those people as a means to an end. Tools. And not for any reason but so she kept up with the Joneses in terms of being as good as the next clerk.

Somehow, Jack saw that as a quite unethical choice, what with how it literally objectified the customer.

"Thanks, but no thanks." She said. Sarah huffed, but didn't badger Jack any further -- one of the perks of having known each other from college as well as work. Jack went back to work. It was just a matter of time before she could get out of this offensive position and on her way to following her bliss.

And, while she was at it, she was bound to learn a few more lessons on the way.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi