I Ching

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #51451 by
I Ching was created by
I thought this was too good of information to just pass up.
Sometimes when I feel stuck and I might want a slight amount more of clarity on a matter I might use the I Ching. I Ching is an old Chinese guide for incite into future matters.

How it works:
One simply postulates a question and keeps it stored at the forefront of the mind.
He/She then rolls a Die 3 times and records the heads/tails... Heads is Yang; Tails is Yin

That is done 6 times total and at the end it produces a hexagonal shape which is then looked up in one of the 2 massive Chinese proverb books. You can forget about all that though, this online version is far less complicated.

Simply postulate a question and keep it at the forefront of the mind. You may want to also record the question in the box so if you plan to save the outcome to your portfolio on the website you can go back and re-read your proverb. Virtually roll the dice 6 times and read your proverb.

Here is the link to an online version:
http://www.ichingonline.net/index.php

You can't ask it yes or no questions; for example I asked:

Q: How will the jedi path help me in the long run? (Open ended questions only!)
A: Heaven above and Heaven below:
Heaven in constant motion.
With the strength of the dragon, the Superior Person steels himself for ceaseless activity.

Productive Activity.
Potent Influence.
Sublime Success if you keep to your course.

The cool thing is... I generally have the answer in my mind before I receive the answer and so it helps me to clarify that my intuition is accurate. Play around with it, you might find it to be a second look into a difficult matter.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #51453 by
Replied by on topic Re: I Ching
also... At first I was super skeptical when I tried it out and got a logical answer... so I ask the question in a different way a few more times and received VERY similar answers.

Then I changed the question to something else completely different and received a negative answer. To test it on last time I changed back to the original questions and STILL received similar originating answers... odd eh?

If you would rather trust chance then a computer you can flip a coin yourself and record the results... manually enter the data.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi