A Message Through Meditation

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49042 by
Masters, knights, novices or any other member of the Temple, I came across something very strange in some basic meditation I was doing earlier today. I felt an overwelling feeling of sadness when I thought about how quickly society is changing, I felt sad for people I have never met and I felt as though some light was about to perish from our world. Is it normal to feel such things and see images in your mind when meditating ? As I am only a novice beginning my work in the Initate's Program, could this overwellming rush of emotion be caused by lack of control? Please give me your thoughts on this matter an also the meaning of these so-called images. As I haven't really experienced anything in my life to trigger such pictures in my mind, I doubt
this way influenced by something in the past...yet I am still unsure. Thank you for your support and knowledge.

MTFBWY-A

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49048 by
Replied by on topic A Message Through Meditation
I've been doing meditation for years and sometimes I feel the same feelings. I truly believe it is caused by the magnifying of the threads of the Force, which unite all living things. There is a lot of pain and suffering, which reminds us to be compassionate and loving. To treat everyone with honor and respect. To try to not be the cause of sadness but instead be a beacon of Light and hope.

I think it's compassion and not lack of control.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 3 months ago #49058 by Jestor
Just as with other experiences, meditation is slightly different to each person as well, I think...

Bit I agree with Reliah's statement, your feeling empathy for the pain of others...

Change is inevitable... Nothing stays the same....

The sadness, and feeling of loss, experienced by people is attachment to a particular way of things, at that moment...

As Jedi, we can only offer our understanding, and condolences...

I hope this helped...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49068 by
Replied by on topic Re: A Message Through Meditation
Thank you all for your insight.
I will see if I come across anything else in future and I will share it with you.
Has anyone ever felt the overwhelming happiness of others through the Force during meditation?
I pressume that the sadness and fear can be on an even level with joy in the Force.
Do we have to look for this joy in order to find it or will it be as random as my interaction with the sadness?

Thanks,
Lorian

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49072 by
Replied by on topic A Message Through Meditation
Happiness and joy can be random as well. Sometimes I find I'm smiling as I meditate. Focusing on positive things that have had an impact on you through your studies or personal experiences can help achieve that feeling. Meditation is often surprising! :)

May the Force be with you!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49076 by
I think we're entering into a new age of humanity. One with new sets of challenges. I've often feared it, but not anymore. We who are here now, were born in a very interesting transitional moment. We get to witness the rapid changes that will launch us into the new era. Sure, it's scary, the unknown is always scary. Yet I believe that, being Jedi, we are all seeking to change ourselves along with the change in the world. We are reformatting ourselves to survive in the new era. Meditation is part of it! Becoming more mindful of conservation and agriculture is another great step. I believe at this point, we progress with technology but old wisdom is not to be forgotten. We are to be just as mindful of the good and bad of the past as we are to carve a better future. There is a silver lining to suffering of humanity, that it may draw us inward!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49079 by
I agree with everyone here. Thanks to Reliah, Jestor, and Planet of Chaos. AS Jestor said, we all will experience meditation and out connection with the force differently. I also think that Reliah is dead on (focusing on the positive will bring about the positive). I often will have an actual physical sensation of others during meditation, almost as if they exist within a part of my body (it may sound odd, but I have often felt the lives of anonymous individuals take place in my upper lip). To add my 2 cents, I think that it is important when searching through the force for answers, and when meditating and allowing the force to flow freely though you, to try to avoid that mental separation. Remember that in the force, other people, yourself, your environment, and the experience of those emotions are all as much a part of you as anything else.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49081 by
A very interesting read, as I tend to experience those same feelings of overwhelming sadness (and joy too, sometimes) as you Lorian when meditating, or simply trying to let the Force flow through. I also realized lately that these feelings are subject to change depending on the place I choose for meditation... But being quite new at it I still don't really get the "how" or "why".

Many thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences,
And may the Force be with you all.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 3 months ago #49084 by RyuJin
yes the overwhelming influx of emotions can be from lack of control, however this is not a bad thing since you are just beginning. you simply have to understand that these feelings are not your own, and not let them control your actions in a negative manner. empathy is a tricky thing but is very useful. also as was mentioned, where you choose to meditate can affect you as well since residual emotion(when strong enough) can linger on in a location. just like when you open a door with the a/c on first there's a big rush of air then eventually it evens out.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi