A break in my Shield !?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #48916 by
Replied by on topic Re: A break in my Shield !?
Oh, brother, I have no sympathy for people who cry wolf. I not only would have walked away, but I would have left the store. It's their problem. I'm not a paramedic! I have even less tolerance for anyone who wants to take advantage of me! You are a better man than me. At what personal cost, I'm not sure! The only thing I would have worried about was personal liability in which case, the stores security cameras would exonerate me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #48917 by
Wow.. Some people.

but you acted as anyone else the fact you offer to help makes you a better person then some!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #48932 by

Phortis Nespin wrote: Learn_to_Know...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

THANK YOU!!!

bows -- thank you, thank you...I'll be here all week. :laugh:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #48935 by
A fabric store doesn't come close to the dark side! A clothes store during the sales, now that's the dark side of The Force right there!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #48944 by
Replied by on topic A break in my Shield !?
I needed to hear the answers to the topic more than I felt a need to respond.
I thank you for sharing this story and being so humble and honest about it. I have learned a lot from you doing so, as I, too, have moments where I act in such a way that later I can't clear it from my mind.
To be honest with you, I probably would have reacted in a similar manner and felt what you are feeling now.

I think the most important thing is.. You caught yourself in the moment, and did what was reasonable to try to diffuse yourself and the situation.

May the way of the Force always guide you and light your path.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #48957 by
To All of you who responded...

I thank you for your kind words and inspiration. It is because of you that I am here. Some of your quick wit and quips have made a disheartening experience seem trivial. All of the kind words have lifted my spirits.

May the Force Keep You Safe Where Ever You Are and Where ever You Go!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #48979 by
One of the places of work I know had a similar experience with a lady who then attempted to sue. She did almost exactly what you are describing. It is unlikely to go anywhere, because she hasn't followed up on it (given up) in a long time

But when I was talking about it with one of the people involved I just said if anyone ever does that the first thing you do is get out your phone and start recording

That might not be your first reaction, but if you do remember to do it you might be saved a lot of hassle if the case is ever taken further

I can understand your annoyance at them, as Jestor said we are practising Jedi

You did what was right however

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #50637 by
This excerpt from a discussion about Control Dramas may help you in realising that you took the best course of action: trying to make her feel safe and supported, bringing the reality of her aggressiveness into awareness, then if all that fails: remove yourself from the situation. So top marks! :)

THE INTIMIDATOR

The most aggressive control drama is the Intimidator's strategy. We can tell when we enter the energy field of such a person because we not only feel drained or uncomfortable; we feel unsafe, perhaps even in danger. The world turns ominous, threatening, out of control. The Intimidator will say and do things that suggest she might erupt in rage or violence at any moment. She may tell stories of harming others or show us the extent of her anger by breaking furniture or throwing items across the room.

The strategy of the Intimidator is to win our attention and thus our energy by creating an environment in which we feel so threatened we are totally focused on her. When someone gives off the impression that she might go out of control or do something dangerous at any minute, most of us watch this person very carefully. If we are in a conversation with such a person, we usually defer to her perspective very quickly. Of course, when we look through her eyes, trying to discern what she might do (in order to keep ourselves safe), she receives the boost of energy that she most desperately needs.

This strategy of intimidation is usually developed in a past environment of severe energy deprivation, most commonly involving relationships with other Intimidators who are dominating and abusive, and where no other strategy works to win energy back. Guilt-tripping as a Poor Me doesn't work; no one cares. Certainly, no one notices if you are playing Aloof. And any attempt at Interrogating is met with anger and hostility. The only solution is to endure the lack of energy until one is big enough to intimidate in one's own right.

The world the Intimidator sees is one of random violence and hostility. It is a world in which one is lost in supreme isolation, where everyone rejects and no one cares - which is exactly what these assumptions bring into the Intimidator's life, over and over.

Dealing with the Intimidator

Confronting the Intimidator is a special case. Because of the obvious danger, in most cases it is better simply to remove oneself from the presence of an Intimidator. If one is in a long-term relationship with an Intimidator, the best course is usually to place the situation in the hands of a professional. The therapeutic plan of action, of course, is much the same as with the other dramas. Success with such an individual usually involves making her feel safe, giving supportive energy, and bringing the reality of her drama into awareness. Unfortunately, there are many Intimidators still out there who are receiving no help, and who live in alternating states of fear and rage.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #50646 by
You are a spiritual person, and your experience as paramedic gived you the intuition to see that she lied by the way she acted. Your professionnal diagnosis been: "she suffer of a lack of attention and of personnality, she don't need my help but a maybe a psy" :whistle: . If she acted with less dramas and with more bleedings :evil: , probably you'd acted differently B) . I worked for 12 years in a big store (over then 3000 custumers everyday) as i learned on how to deal with peoples like the one you encountered. Don't worry, if you have "regrets" it's just because you are deeply a good person. Probably you thinking about the "if she was real injured", but she rejected your help because she did'nt needed "that kind of help" :silly: ... Don't bother yourself with her. No time to loose with superficial drama/diva/douchebag peoples when they do their "shows". ;)
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by . Reason: error and grammar

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi