One of the greatest Jedi in History (A MUST SEE)

More
12 years 3 months ago #48467 by Proteus
For years he spent his career in silence, and once he was not in silence anymore, this is what he has to say to the world. Something all Jedi can and I believe should live by.

Mr. Charlie Chaplin, everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WibmcsEGLKo

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #48474 by
Great speech indeed.

Adder also posted it, with a different video tho. Not from the great dictator but with images from star wars: the clone wars.

I found that one even more inspiring, due to the video and music added.

Check it out: http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Star-Wars/45816-Darth-Vader-Charlie-Chaplin---Dictator-Speech

More
12 years 3 months ago #48476 by Proteus

Knarf wrote: Great speech indeed.

Adder also posted it, with a different video tho. Not from the great dictator but with images from star wars: the clone wars.

I found that one even more inspiring, due to the video and music added.

Check it out: http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Star-Wars/45816-Darth-Vader-Charlie-Chaplin---Dictator-Speech

That one was very good. I noticed the music from that one was "Time" from the Inception soundtrack, one of my favorites.

For some reason though, it didn't strike a chord with me the way this one posted above does. I think its because this video is showing the real world and everything we experience in our lives directly, instead of as a parable to an imaginative world such as that in Star Wars. The music to it was also a bit better mixed into his speech I think as well, both more subtle and natural, and seems to send the message to me with less noise and more heart. But that's just me. Nevertheless, I think the idea of putting Time as the theme music for it is fantastic. For some reason though, it just didn't play out the way I'd expected it.

Thanks for letting me know about this. :)

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #48535 by
What movie is this from?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #48537 by
Nevermind, found it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Dictator

Interesting context, I wondered why he was dressed like Hitler.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #48539 by
I think he was portraying Hitlers antithesis.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #48551 by
Great speech, very inspiring! I agree with Proteus, in comparing the two videos, I find the real world imagery more moving.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #48555 by
Brilliant. I could listen to this many times over

More
12 years 3 months ago #48677 by Wescli Wardest
I find the speech itself very inspiring. My life (prior to TOTJO) was spent empowering the evils of the world. I was not just a good soldier; but, a well decorated and highly motivated, dedicated and extremely loyal instrument of destruction and death.

And now I work for a company that makes and sells the tools man uses to deface the Earth. And I am very good at it.

This in turn creates a lot of shame. And I know that there is no penance for all the monstrosities I have been a part of. But, perhaps one day the world will be a better place and mankind will be in harmony with the universe and the harm people like myself have been a part of can be undone.

I have listened to the speech dozens of times and still tear up every time I hear it.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Proteus

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #48703 by
Tears come to my eyes too! It's powerful stuff he's talking about!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi