Jedi for Jesus

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #46829 by
Jedi for Jesus was created by
Not to sure what to make of this. First Mix Martial Arts for Jesus and now "Jedi for Jesus" T-Shirts. :dry:

http://www.freewebs.com/christianorderofjediknights/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #46833 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jedi for Jesus
Judging by the guestbook, it is either not signed very often or is a dying site.

It's a nice idea, and although I haven't done so yet it could be worth signing up to the website and investigating further.

The only issue I have is that it states that you must follow the 'word of God'. That is all well and good, but is only worth saying when there is common consensus on what that means. Otherwise 'the word of God' or 'the will of The Force' just become one's own personal opinion...

I would also be interested to know whether or not they have been recognised as an official church by any government.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #46834 by
This is a difficult topic as its easy to offend this religion. I'd believe its blasphemy to follow Jediism in the christian faith. The main flaw i see in this is that Jedi study the Force, this draws worship from God/Jesus. Not to mention Jedi dont always turn the other cheek. :huh:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #46837 by
But the way it is set out is with The Force being created by God and as another way or worshipping and following his commands. That eliminates blasphemy, The Force is just another of His creations.

I don't see Jediism and Christianity as being mutually exclusive. I am not a Christian myself, but a lot of the Jedi teachings are definitely compatible with Christianity.

I don't think that not turning the cheek can be used as an argument against really. Some Christians don't even do that themselves...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #46841 by
Very interesting. For thousands of years Jediism wasn't even mentioned in any religion. Years after Star Wars became a big hit there was no mention of The Force in christianity. Now that Jediism is getting a foothold as a real religion, other religions want to a except or adopted an Idea/way of life that spawned from theses already existing religions? Makes no sense to me. :dry: I foresee a lot of disappointment if this isn't acknowledged for what it is. Maybe my 3ed eye's made me judgmental, then again I cant say that I didn't see this coming. It all just seems like more loop holes or circular logic. Just calling it like i see it. =/

They can set it any way they want but there is no mention of Jedi in the bible.
The bible is the word of god because god is infallible because the bible tells us so because the bible is the word of god because god is infallible because the bible tells us so....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #46847 by
Christianity has always been an evangelical religion - and one that absorbs other religions into itself (St. Brigid, many other saints started as goddesses in other religions, christmass trees are a solstice holdover, etc). And quite a few christians believe their relgion can/should be integrated into everything they do (mixed martial arts for jesus, etc).

I'm not surprised, I'd assume this is from some evangelical christian group or individual.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #46858 by
Having been brought up catholic I can see so much confusion in the beliefs of most of us. It was not until I started reading Joseph Campbell and other religious texts, such as the Buddhist philosophy,that I was able to put some of my thoughts together.

I wonder if Buddha, Jesus, Mohamed, and the rest of the prophets or "Gods", were just giving us a human way of thinking about the Force. The catholic's say that God is omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent. Are they just trying to explain to us mere mortals the incomprehensible nature of the Force? Is that not the same definition we Jedi give the Force? All seeing, all knowing, and ever present? :huh:

More
12 years 4 months ago #46862 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: Jedi for Jesus
Other than The Force being everywhere (so is gravity) there is no universal consensus on a definition of The Force. We do all sorts of things without knowing how we're doing it or even being aware of the fact that we are doing it. I imagine that The Force works like that on many levels as well.

I believe Allan Watt's gave examples like "beating your heart", "growing your hair" etc. Think of all the incredible things your body is doing all at once without your willing it or even understanding it.

This is only my personal observation and experience but most Jedi I've had the opportunity to hear of their thoughts on this matter do not equate The Force with God and that includes Jedi that believe in a theistic God.

As for me there are areas where I can only say I don't know.

Our Creed says we believe in The Force but it does not say what The Force is.

All must come to terms with their own personal definition or lack of one.

Founder of The Order

More
12 years 4 months ago #47560 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Re: Jedi for Jesus
CoJK is fairly inactive, Silmerion is busy at RJK and the headmaster has a life outside of CoJK so doesn't get in as often as she'd like. Really the only other group that knows about CoJK is RJK, so most of their members end up coming from there. But it's not been advertised much recently, so the site is pretty much dying.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 4 months ago #47566 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Jedi for Jesus

Silmerion is busy at RJK

I see she still lives.:(

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi