• RyuJin
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 5 months ago #45804 by RyuJin
about a week ago i read the novelization of the old disney movie "the black hole" there was an expression in it that made somewhat good sense...

there are 3 kinds of people, the will's, the won'ts, and the can'ts... the will's achieve everything, the won'ts oppose everything, and the can'ts won't will themselves to try...

just thought i'd share that and see what others think of it

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #45806 by
Replied by on topic Re: will's, won'ts, and can'ts
Well I think that people go trough all three these stages.

The important thing is which stage will overrule the others. Obviously become the will's is something we must strive to achieve, but this can sometimes be hard and setbacks might lead us to become cant's or wont's.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #45821 by
It's a choice as to which I am. I can choose to be a will and achieve all that I set myself up for. I see the can'ts as people who constantly see negative things happening and set themselves up for failure. The wants are in many cases victims. The difference between the wills and the wants is the choice to take control of your life. It's like what was in The Field. When I send out an intention to the universe, it happens if I'm 100% committed. If I just want something but don't put out the total commitment, it won't happen no matter how much I want it.
Leena

More
12 years 4 months ago #46335 by Wescli Wardest
It is often said that in the work place: 80% of the work gets done by 20% of the people.

On a different note. I was told one day that, “To be successful, you don’t have to be any good at what you do. You just have to be not as bad as the other guy!”

Monastic Order of Knights

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47496 by
In management, it's much the same, 80% of your attention goes to 20& of the people who work for you.

Along the same lines, a quote from Theodore Roosevelt came to mind when I read the first post.

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

"Citizenship in a Republic,"
Speech at the Sorbonne, Paris, April 23, 1910

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47512 by
Do or do not, there is not try. (Sorry for mandatory Star Wars quote).

I know I personally have to often choose between exerting myself towards a goal or just letting it slide away. Its an easy thing to let inertia rule, its that much harder to apply oneself to doing something, succeed or fail.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi