The questions kids ask!

More
12 years 5 months ago #44392 by Wescli Wardest
Lesson to my daughter
When she asked me, “why bother?”
I replied:
A Symphony is playing. It's just a rehearsal, but they're all there. When a piccolo player notices how small her instrument is. It's not big or loud. The part she plays is not a big one. She doubts anyone can even hear her. And, she's kinda tired anyways. So she stops playing.
Instantly the conductor stops the whole thing and asks her why she isn't playing. See, to the conductor Her part,no matter how small or insignificant she feels it to be, is crucial to the overall sound of the group and the song. Because he knows how it is suppose to be.
It goes to show that we all have gifts, no mater how small or large, and we all have things to do or contribute. No matter how we feel they might not matter, or rather we think they have some precedence. In the grand scheme we all have a part to play. And, they are all important. Rather we realize it or not.

I think I'm glad I wasn't my Dad!!!

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #44394 by
Replied by on topic Re: The questions kids ask!
It reminds me of Paul's teaching in the bible that we're ALL part of the body of Christ.

I may be the arm-pit, but you still need me!

Good post and good reminder that the "symphony" won't sound the same without us.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi