Jedi Documentary

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #43891 by
Jedi Documentary was created by
Hi guys!!

I'm currently in my final year of university I've become fascinated with the Jedi faith. I'm now planning to start my portfolio before I graduate and i'd really like to do a small student documentary about the religion itself in order to increase awareness, dispose of some of the bad stigma and explore it in compassion to other religions.

I'm looking to find out more about the religion and more about the followers. I want to following 3 Jedi's for a short period of time and maybe organise a meet up for jedis all aound england...What do you all think?? Would anyone be willing to participate? Ideally close or in London??

If so please could you email me on
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
...Even if you don't want to feature in the documentary itself your wisdom and expertise regarding the religion would help me greatly to create the project.

P.s Sorry if this is a bit off topic....

I hope to hear from you,
Yours Faithfully
Bryony Acketts
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Jestor. Reason: hide email from the bots...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #43892 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jedi Documentary
I'm happy to be of assistance. I've spent the majority of the last ten years studying yoga in an ashram setting in a traditional yoga lineage, and I teach yoga in very much a Master/Padawan manner. My current apprentice is a 4th degree black belt in martial arts.

I've got a pretty clear and well-documented sense of why I'm here, participating in this particular religion.

There are a wide variety of beliefs found here among Jedi I can see, and mine run deeply in the middle.

You can check my website at silent motion yoga dot com.

Also, I am sympathetic to filmmakers and have a good friend I met in the ashram who is a very successful documentary filmmaker. I do all his websites and graphic design.

Having said this, I am pretty new to this particular group yet, and may not be representative of the current group of Masters and Grand Masters. Having said that, I intend to get the degree offered here in Jediism.

Thanks,
Durgadas
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by . Reason: final note

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago #43893 by
Thank you so much for your reply!!
So why exactly have you chosen to follow this particular faith??

and is this the website??
http://www.silentmotionyoga.com/

Thanks again your help is appreciated :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago #43895 by
I'm assuming that you mean London, England? In which case, I might be available (I live in Essex) if you need someone to help you out with this project.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago #43896 by
Brilliant!

I'm from Essex myself :)

What part of Essex are you from??
Are you part of the Jedi Faith yourself??

Could you tell me more about yourself and why you follow the religion??
Email me on b.acketts@students.rave.ac.uk if you like!

Thank you both for replying!!!

Bryony

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago #43909 by
I too live in Essex and would be happy to offer any assistance you needed.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago #43913 by
I'm from Southend-on-Sea and have been a part of the Jedi faith for around a year and a half. I was led here because I was showing a friend info about the census phenomenon and was interested to discover that Jediism existed. I've been interested in the films since I was young (A New Hope and Superman were the only films that I'd watch!) and the concepts of the Jedi always resonated with me and in some way informed my outlook on life with respect to treating other people and connecting with more "spiritual" matters.

Up until I joined TOTJO, the closest label that could describe my beliefs was "eclectic pagan". I have been walking a shamanic path for 16 years and also incorporate lessons and practices from Taoism, Buddhism and nature-based faiths indigenous to the UK and Europe. When I read through the Doctrine of TOTJO, it all resonated with me and so I joined and started my training.

I was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time and my years of teaching, developing and holding ceremonies stood me in good stead as I progressed. I trained to share the leadership of the Pagan Rite (as it was then) since my predecessor was to embark on military training. After I was ordained as a Bishop and accepted into this role, I found out that her intentions were to train me as a successor and I was honoured to accept this responsibility. As the Rites evolved, I remained as Advisor to the Pagan Special Interest Group.

I have contributed to the expansion of TOTJO with the Way of Jediism (an ongoing project) as well as formalising the Degree Qualification Scheme and Clerical Training and am the Vice President of Clerical Affairs. When Br.John moved to being Senior Pastor, I inherited the role of Pastor of this Church and continue to try to do my best to serve our members in their pastoral and spiritual needs.

I have taken on apprentices and after a recent period of self-evaluation, I hope to return to helping out with the Initiate training too. I currently hold the rank of GrandMaster Knight of Jediism and fully embrace the concept that I am always learning and regard myself as no better or worse than anyone else (in the words of GM Kana, I am "GrandMaster yet still Initiate"). As a cleric, I recognise that I am a servant of the servants of the Force.

This is only a basic introduction to my time here at TOTJO and if you want to learn more, feel free to reply (I'm very open about my experiences and will answer most questions!) or email me at markanjuu@googlemail.com
With regard to my chosen name here, "anjuu" is Japanese for "living peaceably" and this should give you a fair idea of my character (I hope!).

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago #43953 by
Thanks so much guys for your replies! I will defiantly email you both at a later point! I've saved your email address Mark- i'm so grateful for your response, I'd love to get you involved in the project!! Can I ask if any of you know of any Jedi churches closer than wales?? I know there's one there but I'm unsure about here...And by church I mean the building/gathering place rather than community.
Also I don't suppose you know of any events coming up such as conventions or even star wars based events coming up that may expand my knowledge?
And great Akkarin!! Do you have an email address??
Could you maybe send me a message similar to Marks?
I'd really like to get to know all of you and understand why you follow the Jedi faith and peoples response to it. I also want to find out how it has improved your life and if you have had any bad experiences due to your choice of faith- if so why?

Thanks again- I know I keep saying it but I really am Grateful! :)
Bryony

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago #43955 by
As far as I know, there aren't any Jedi communities in the UK that aren't mainly online, with the exception of the other church that you mention. There are discussions on this site about physical temples and if we need them so they may be of interest to you.

I had considered organising a South-East England get-together but life got in the way and those plans were forgotten. Maybe the time is right to think about it again?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago #43956 by
Awsom!

I'll have a look and yes that's my plan for the last part of the documentary,
I'd like to set something up for everyone to get together and talk about the faith.

I'll let you know when it gets to that point.

Thanks!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi