evolution

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #43440 by
evolution was created by
i touched briefly on this in chat but i wanted to open a thread about it.

i wondered where individual members and the jedi religion as a whole felt about evolution as i couldnt find anything anywhere on the matter.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 7 months ago #43442 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: evolution
My opinion is an easy one...

Everything evolves.... The Jedi Religion is simply an evolution.... for us...

How about your opinion?

You ask for ours, but not share your own?... lol...:P

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #43444 by
Replied by on topic Re: evolution
i believe in evolution not just physical but mental aswell, i feel most people forget about the latter.

(got more to add)

and i thought it would be interesting to get ther peoples views and feelings especially as jedi's are bonded to the universe through the force.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #43456 by
Well I wouldn't say Jedi our bound to the universe by the force as IMO all things are bound together by the force. Wether someone chooses to see and explore that connection or not is where the difference is. Yet see it or not your bound to it just the same.

As for Evolution, the universe is in a constant state of change. As creatures of the universe we are also in a constant state of change. Again, wether we choose to see it or not is another mater.

More
12 years 7 months ago #43461 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: evolution

shaunk wrote: i touched briefly on this in chat but i wanted to open a thread about it.

i wondered where individual members and the jedi religion as a whole felt about evolution as i couldnt find anything anywhere on the matter.

Do you mean evolution as in Darwin's Theory Of Evolution?

Founder of The Order

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 7 months ago #43466 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: evolution
all things evolve, that's how improvements are made...plus if you simply walk through the woods you can see proof of evolution...

the most abundant proof of evolution are viruses....the flu one person gets isn't the same when they pass it on to another

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #43479 by
Yeah I feel like there really is no arguing on evolution, it happens and you simply have to look at the world to see it happening. While people will argue it, I think it's like other people have already said, these people simply refuse to see what's happening around them.

As far as in a personal scenario, I think like others have said, that it is vital to evolve throughout your entire life, both physically and mentally. One must grow and change if one is to constantly improve themselves.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #43490 by
what got us started on the topic was my venture with a friend to bible study on wed night. i was taking mental notes on christians and there views. since the minister was out someone else was there subbing for him. he started off on how creationism was true and evolution was false. how its documented in the bible and scientists have trouble disputed it.

it made me wanting to walk out but i sat thru to listen. so with that i wasnt impressed or felt awakened. just knowing there are some that are very closed minded to all around them.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #43493 by
Well the closed minded individuals will always exist, and while it would be fantastic if they could open their worlds up to all the knowledge and beauty around them, these people for the most part prefer to stay in their small corner of the world, and at the end of the day we have to accept that this is their decision and move on.

That being said, we do need to make sure not to let them control the way things are ran based on their individual beliefs concerning a "Creator" or the spiritual realm.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #43494 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: evolution

BDPulver wrote: what got us started on the topic was my venture with a friend to bible study on wed night. i was taking mental notes on christians and there views. since the minister was out someone else was there subbing for him. he started off on how creationism was true and evolution was false. how its documented in the bible and scientists have trouble disputed it.

it made me wanting to walk out but i sat thru to listen. so with that i wasnt impressed or felt awakened. just knowing there are some that are very closed minded to all around them.

I thought it might be something like that. Some people who call themselves Christians hold to creationism but many liberal and progressive Christians have no trouble with evolution at all. Even the current Pope (and several before him) accept(s)(ed) evolution and the big bang.

The Bible clearly states that the Earth does not move and that it's flat. Remember that Galileo got into loads of trouble for saying the Earth was not the center of the universe.

Creationists seem to think The Bible dropped out of Heaven all ready to go and in English. It's a collection of at least 72 different books written by different persons at different times. It was not written as a science text and was not intended to be one.

In the Hebrew culture moral and religious lessons were taught in parables. It's a fine way to teach. I know you've heard of Aesop's Fables. Nobody literally believes that a rabbit talked to a turtle and they decided to have a race but everyone understands the lesson. (Yes I know it actually says the tortoise and the hare.)

In the New Testament Jesus constantly teaches with parables.

What Creationists are doing is taking literally stories that were not meant to be taken literally at all but were told to teach lessons.

Without even leaving the book of Genesis you could have devastated this silly preacher. At least you'll have some ammunition for your next debate.

On which day of creation did God create light?

GE 1:3-5 On the first day, God created light, then separated light and darkness.
GE 1:14-19 The sun (which separates night and day) wasn't created until the fourth day.

Uh Oh! First it says the first and then it says the fourth. They can't both be right.

Which was created first, man or trees?

GE 1:11-12, 26-27 Trees were created before man was created.
GE 2:4-9 Man was created before trees were created.

Well ....

Were birds created before man?

GE 1:20-21, 26-27 Birds were created before man was created.
GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before birds were created.

Yes AND No!?

What came first, animals or man?

GE 1:24-27 Animals were created before man was created.
GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before animals were created.

I bet you did not know there's two different stories of creation in Genesis.

Was man created before woman or were they created at the same time?

GE 1:26-27 Man and woman were created at the same time.
GE 2:7, 21-22 Man was created first, woman sometime later.

No problem there. Just accept that woman was created after man yet at the same time.

Was God pleased with his creation?

GE 1:31 God was pleased with his creation.
GE 6:5-6 God was not pleased with his creation.
(Note: That God should be displeased is inconsistent with the concept of omniscience.)

You'll have to work that one out with God. I'm staying out of it.

How long did Adam live after he ate the forbidden fruit?

GE 2:17 Adam was to die the very day that he ate the forbidden fruit.
GE 5:5 Adam lived 930 years.

So Adam lived 930 years after he died. I can deal with that. But I bet he was not pleasant to be around.

I'm not even warmed up.

In a nutshell, Creationists are abusing The Bible and actually know nothing about its history or the intentions of the authors. They worship a book above God! They commit the sin of bibliolatry. They refuse to use the mind God gave them and are willfully blind to the abundant evidence of the wonders of Creation.

That's it for now. We could write a book on this subject and many have. For me it's time for dinner.

Founder of The Order
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Br. John.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi