Feelings on pacifism

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #43014 by
Replied by on topic Re: Feelings on pacifism
The Shoulin Monks are skilled at avoiding confrontation. It is their philosophy to respect life in all forms and to find the most peaceful alternative to confrontation when dealing with others. BUT, they are deadly warriors. There is no doubt that the monks can defend themselves at whatever cost.

It is the right of all humans to life and liberty. You have the right to defend yourself against an enemy. The measure of your defense is measured against the offense being pressed upon you. Give the offender every opportunity to disengage from the attack but be vigilant to the offender that presses on. Don't let your egotism turn your defensive emotions into aggressive emotions.

It is the responsibility of any person to be physically fit and confident in themselves. To be knowledgeable in the art of negotiations. The offender has no chance against a person who is expecting aggression and has taken steps to defeat it before it happens.

A person must search his feelings because emotion is the strongest frequency emanating from people. By accepting the flow of Force energy created by emotions, you will be able to understand the conditions that are presented and thereby have "advanced knowledge" of the possible outcomes of the situation at hand.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #43067 by
I think a lot of what phortis said is right. There is also a difference between being peaceful and a pacifist. I think being a pacifist would entail allowing an aggressor what they wanted, or "pacifying" them, and that is not something I would do. I am peaceful though in the sense that I look to avoid any harm or violence whenever it is at all possible. That being said though, I am willing to defend myself, and others, from harm or violence that others may look to inflict upon them.

As Jedis, I feel that not only should we be willing to defend ourselves, I believe we need to be ready to defend not only ourselves, but others as well. All of us have our own believes, but most core teachings in Jediism accept this idea, that we are vehicles of good in this world.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #43068 by
I must say that I fully agree with Coryduran on this matter. We should be ready to go to the aid of others that need it and be ready to give help to those who might need it soon. Very nice post.

I'm tired and hope this makes sense lol

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi