I think therefore I am?

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #42859 by Jon
I think therefore I am? was created by Jon
If I do not exist because I say so, and if I do not exist because I think so, then what proof is there that I exist at all?

I think I know that I and everything around me exists because of what my senses reveal to me. I can touch, I can see, I can smell, I can hear, and I can taste. It is what we call physical properties which leave us with an impression. Also theories and thoughts and ideas might exist since I can think of them and apply them to things I think is known to me. But what about emotions? They are not physical nor are they conceptual. They translate themselves through the physical and the conceptual, and I know it because of the name given to it. But does something exist because it is given a name or label? If I give something a name have I reached a new summit of arrogance by pretending to be creator?

Or is the question as to whether I exist or not a question of choice? It certainly begins with the here and now and reaches far beyond the physical. Does the question of whether I exist depend on how I live? Don`t we ask ourselves the question of what it is all about when our job sucks or nothing seems to go right or when one bill after another is keeping us down or when our dreams remain unfulfilled?

Certainly our first understanding of existence begins in childhood as a self centered process of identification, exploration and sensation. Is it not beautiful to see how a child learns that parts of his or her own body belong to the self and no one else!

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Jon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #42860 by
Replied by on topic Re: I think therefore I am?
You implies me! If you don’t exist than neither do I. In my opinion it is that we collectively are experiencing whatever this is that we are experiencing that makes us “I AM”. It is because we all have a shared consciousness that we know that we exist together. It is not what you think, it is what we think. The Force is the collection of the knowledge and experiences all life has had, is having, and will have.

The problem with being human is that we need labels. We need to have something tangible to hold smell and see. We feel the need to progress or discover new things and when we do not, we feel inferior or as if we failed somehow. We are always looking to the future not the present. We fail to listen to the Force because we are filling our brains with the absurd frequencies of modern appliances, machinery, and computerized equipment. They break down our ability to tap into the frequencies of the Living Force.

The other problem with being human is that we are being taught by other humans. In this we become stuck in a cycle of learning from the mistakes of our forefathers. Somewhere in the Christian doctrine there is a passage about being as the animals. Does not God provide for the animals of the field and the birds of the sky (Or something like that)? We have become too dependent on modernization of food and goods. We have not put our faith in the Force to guide us to whatever your thought of heaven is.

It is wonderful to watch a child grow and learn and become who they are. It is the duty of the parent to enlighten the child into the world of spirituality. The Force should be at the center of these lessons for it is the embodiment of all religious teachings. I wish that I would have found my path earlier in life so I could have had a better influence on my children’s spirituality.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #42884 by
Replied by on topic Re: I think therefore I am?
--We are the proof of your existence. We see you, we hear, some may be able to feel or smell you, and we will not discuss tasting you (simply out of the question lol); in short we experience your existence. Whether you wish to acknowledge that you are hear makes no difference as to whether or not we acknowledge that you are here.
--As for the things that are intangible, they exist because we experience them. That is what gives them “life”, it does not make us a creator they will exist whether we give them a name or not. A name is simply a tool that we use as reference to something; this is shown by the fact that many people have differing names for the Force.
--I do not believe that existence is determined by the way that a person lives. I say this because you exist and are here regardless of how you live your life. You may live it for enjoyment and pleasure or you might wish to achieve spiritual enlightenment or you could sit on the couch and watch televisions until your existence is done (though this is only existing). Living requires thought and action; it is taking an active role in life, not watching it go by. The children you mentioned are doing exactly that; they are out there learning and discovering, I am not saying that you should go on some archaeological dig or search for treasure but look around you and experience the world.
May the Force be With You All.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi