A loving God?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4320 by
jidun wrote:

Great viewpoint, but, there are too many people who have died and came back to tell (some recently as much as 30-40 mins or so) about it. Usually what they see is much as what there faith had them believing they would see. This is in exact accordance with the Tibetan bardo states. It is also a proven scientific fact of physics that an energy force cannot be used up or dissolved/destroyed it may only transform.

I (being one of many, many, people who have done so also) have travelled in spirit form outside of my body on multiple occasions, know for a fact, that this body is a shell for my spirit. The piper will be paid. Your guilt/karma must be worked out sooner or later there is no escape via death.[/quote]

Of course, I was just stating that it is their view point, and I'm well aware of the \"Near Death Experiences\" that most have, I've never personally experienced one myself, and I never agreed with that whole aspect of Satanism, being that I believe in rebirth for another go around at life as opposed to being gone, kaput, that's that. I myself don't see \"Death\", as being the end of it all. I believe that there are a limited number of souls, and that we are part of a greater thing than ourselves, so when one of us \"dies\", we are recycled to continue the process of living, when, where and what we are reincarnated into being as in the next life.

Taking a look at the Druidic belief, they weren't allowed to eat meat, because it would mean taking a step back on the evolutionary process, because we've \"tainted ourselves\" with the flesh of another living thing.

In a Buddhist text I read, it goes along the same lines, but, not because it merely taints, but, because you're probably snacking on a relative of some sort. Was just putting that out there for general purpose knowledge.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4333 by
Actually Jon, if I were yet a baby dreaming all of this, wouldn't you all just be pieces of my dream? Saying and doing things that my subconcience comes up with? None of you might be real, you could all just be imaginary friends to a baby dreaming about things never actually seen or done, just imagined. Wouldn't it be just as real, especially to a baby, they wouldn't be able to decypher what is real or not until they woke up. I've always wonder what babies dream about, that could be an interesting topic to discuss later on. Anyways, just further thoughts on it.

DK

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 9 months ago #4362 by Jon
OK, if dreams are interpretations of our inclinations or relationships, then this dream you call \"life\" must also be your way of working out relationships to others in a real life. The question then shifts itself from, if we are real to which of us are real.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4373 by
Very good, maybe I'm not the one dreaming, maybe its you, or Br. Shaun, or Br. Tom, maybe even someone we don't know. I like that idea too, I'm just a figment of someones imagination. Like I said before though, I don't actually believe thats what is happening, but its just as much a possiblility as anything else.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 3 months ago #28668 by
Replied by on topic Re:A loving God?
a very interesting question and my personal belief is that God(regardless of what name you use) doe not love rather he is Love. And as such does not cause us to do anything rather calls to us in such a way that we freely chose what we think would benefit us the most. All too often, we ignore the consequences of our actions known or unknown, and thus we make a decision based out of ignorance. This is why we live life...to learn and grow.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi