A loving God?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4175 by
A loving God? was created by
A Loving God Would Not Send Billions of People to Hell, Would He?

I would suggest the following view:

Would a loving God force people to spend eternity with Him?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 9 months ago #4176 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:A loving God?
How could a loving God force anything? To do so would be to provoke a response out of obedience, and at the end of the day God would only have a bunch of robots to love. True Love is a reciprocal thing. It is like the relationship of a couple who have found each other. It requires the freedom of choice. It requires a whole hearted \"Yes, I do!\".

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 9 months ago #4180 by Jon
Ceratinly not. A loving God does not send anyone anywhere, but lets everyone and everything develop, grow, make experiences. If anyone goes to hell, it is a choice made. This begs the question, does a loving God leave His/Her personal creaton to the fate of doom? Nikos Kazanzarkis spoke of redemption for even Satan, the so called \"Father\" of evil. Does not God in his endless Love live in Hope, and in return do we not, no matter where, share in that Hope? Is Hell a necessity for some on their own personal path to redemption. To say thats it might be jumping the gun. To judge God with negligence is underestimating the power of his vision.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4188 by
Replied by on topic Re:A loving God?
There is no forcing of anything. The question has a very simple answer. Two words, free will.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4195 by
No, a loving god wouldn't force you to spend eternity with him, apparently though he would force you to live a \"life\" while taking a \"life-long\" test that you have no real proof you are taking, and when the results come in its not so much of a where you WANT to spend eternity, its where god thinks you want to spend eternity judging by the results of said test.

DK

You knew I was gonna comment on this discussion.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4199 by
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

No, a loving god wouldn't force you to spend eternity with him, apparently though he would force you to live a \"life\" while taking a \"life-long\" test that you have no real proof you are taking, and when the results come in its not so much of a where you WANT to spend eternity, its where god thinks you want to spend eternity judging by the results of said test.

DK

You knew I was gonna comment on this discussion.

Not only did i know...I was counting on it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4200 by
I would certainly hate to disappoint.:lol:

DK

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 9 months ago #4202 by Jon
Isn`t what we do and think that what we really want? After all no one forced us.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4208 by
Hahaha, sharpen the claws, and get ready to raise some hackles, looks like we got us a \"Holy War\" brewing up nicely!!!! Seriously though. Dhagon, and remember, I'm not a fan of Christianity either, however, they have their beliefs, I have mine and you have yours. If we're not in the business of saying that one is right or wrong, why is one side trying to prove that the other is wrong, while the other vehemently fights to prove that it's right? Who cares, let us leave this in the past, we're all right, and we're all wrong, that's just how it has to be.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4211 by
Thats what I was trying to say, I just felt like being fascitious with failing at life thing, but it sure is fun to tell someone that, they usually don't know how to react.

DK

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi