Sing me to Sleep

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #41650 by
Sing me to Sleep was created by
Did anybody else feel deeply moved and touched or relate to the movie Sucker Punch? I just saw it finally after buying it on DVD. And to be honest, i wasn't a huge fan of the style Watchmen was done...but Sucker Punch was beautiful. The poetry and message of the movie really touched me.

I don't want to give out any spoiling details in case anyone hasn't seen it but the ending was appropriate. I was sincerly hoping that she outed her step dad and they found the forgery before hand....but the way they expressed freedom through sacrifice was lovely. And i don't agree that this movie was opressing to women, or even that it empowered women. There is nothing sexist about this movie. Snyder used the most widely accepted social implications about females to tell a story that anyone could have gone through. And in no way does that objectify women! It's also an amazing way to bring Human Trafficking to light! Seeing as how the most commonly trafficked person are young ladies just like those in the movie and all.

Anyone else have any thoughts about this film? I just can't get over how fantastic it was.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 8 months ago #41652 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Sing me to Sleep
i thought it was a great movie myself...

her method of escaping reality was easily understood...

in fact when i watched it with my brother i was able to figure out exactly what was going on and how it would end before it was halfway over, as a result i was stuck spending the rest of the movie answering my brothers questions about what was going on(he didn't get it) and explaining the psychology behind it. once the movie ended my brother finally fully understood it and felt bad for her.

i could associate with her as far as having an abusive childhood(my early years as things got better later on).

i like movies like that...they require you to really pay attention to the background scenery and audio in order to catch the clues of what will happen later.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #41653 by
Replied by on topic Re: Sing me to Sleep
I loved the movie, personally.

Thats my only position. Everything else has been previously stated. I do wish that the movie played out the way War Beauty said, but hey. I wasnt dissappointed.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi