The Art of Peace .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 11 months ago #39622 by
The Art of Peace . was created by
Greetings Each

I have being doing some studying for my own arts and came across these quotes from Morihie Uishiba . I'm not going to post them all at once .but as in my More or Less post,will put them up at regular intervals to be read and digested to so speak.I hope you enjoy them as I do :)

The Art of Peace is medicine for a sick world. There is evil and disorder in the world because people have forgotten that all things emanate from one source. Return to that source and leave behind all self-centered thoughts, petty desires, and anger. Those who are possessed by nothing possess everything.

Thought this one was a pretty good way to start :)

Yours in the Spirit of Budo

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 11 months ago #39704 by
Replied by on topic Re: The Art of Peace .
Greetings Each

The Art of Peace functions everywhere on earth, in realms ranging from the vastness of space down to the tiniest plants and animals. The life force is all-pervasive and its strength boundless. The Art of Peace allows us to perceive and tap into that tremendous reserve of universal energy.

Yours in Budo

Mike

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 11 months ago #39780 by
Greetings Each

Eight forces sustain creation:
Movement and stillness,
Solidification and fluidity,
Extension and contraction,
Unification and division.

Yours in Budo

Mike

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 11 months ago #39816 by
Greetings
Quite like this one

Consider the ebb and flow of the tide. When waves come to strike the shore, they crest and fall, creating a sound. your breath should follow the same pattern, absorbing the entire universe in your belly with each inhalation. Know that we all have access to four treasures: the energy of the sun and moon, the breath of heaven, the breath of earth, and the ebb and flow of the tide. The fifth being KI or the Force

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 10 months ago #39843 by
Greetings each
Those who practice the Art of Peace must protect the domain of Mother Nature, the divine reflection of creation, and keep it lovely and fresh. Warriorship gives birth to natural beauty. The subtle techniques of a warrior arise as naturally as the appearance of spring, summer, autumn, and winter. Warriorship is none other than the vitality that sustains all life.

The Force guide us all

Yours in Budo

Mike

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 10 months ago #39850 by
I like it Sir Mike =') thank you for sharing!

Bite-sized chunks, and just in one place (one thread) so you don't end up starting dozens of threads.

"Those who are possessed by nothing possess everything."

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 10 months ago #39862 by
Greetings

I am glad you like them my friend. there are quite a few more. they are quotes from a Japanese Master Morihei Uishiba O Sensei thought to be the founder of Aikido.

Yours In Budo

Mike

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 10 months ago #39931 by
Greetings Each

Contemplate the workings of this world, listen to the words of the wise, and take all that is good as your own. With this as your base, open your own door to truth. Do not overlook the truth that is right before you. Study how water flows in a valley stream, smoothly and freely between the rocks. Also learn from holy books and wise people. Everything - even mountains, rivers, plants and trees --- should be your teacher.

Yours in the spirit of Budo

Mike

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 10 months ago #39945 by
We should all practice the Art of Peace B)

There are so many reasons why we should practice Peace, this world can at times be a very angry place and there are far to many people that openly display their anger but how many openly practice the art of peace ?

Take care, be safe.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 10 months ago #39960 by
Greetings Keith Renshi

Indeed ,there are many who display anger or use bad temper to intimidate others. It it easy to display . It is not easy to practice gentleness .

Good to see Keith Renshi I trust you are well my friend :)

Yours in Budo

Mike

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi