London 2011 Jediism Summer Gathering

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #38917 by
Essentially the title says it all.

I wanted to gauge people's interests in having a gathering in London sometime in the summer.

I wanted people who are in travel range of London to get together and just meet up. Maybe this could become an annual or bi-annual event?

London has good travel links to it shouldn't be too difficult for people to get there.

Essentially just post what days you would be able to go on. Or maybe just the days you know you can't attend. I imagine this will be done over the weekend so that as many people as possible can go and to give us plenty of time to meet up.

I don't know what attire people want for this occasion, but I will be going in my Jedi robes - it's time to show people what Jedi are really like (avoid going into Tesco :P )

I should be able to do everyday.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 11 months ago #38930 by
well i have been interested in gatherings such as this for quite some time however due to finances i would be unable to attend one in London such as you suggested for the forseeable future. However, I wish the best for all those who could attend such a event and cant wait to see the results of it.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 11 months ago #38934 by ren
There's also the question of what to do. Especially in London. Even for something as basic as meditation, it's really not the #1 spot. It's also not a central location. The gatherings they hold in america are as far as possible from concrete and smog.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 11 months ago #38935 by
Sorry maybe I wasn't clear about the intended purpose of this (my mistake).

What I meant was just a get together so we could all just meet each other and chat. I didn't mean any sort of 'official' session at all.

I was hoping that if we start actually meeting each other other than just doing so on the internet, then this might give us the opportunity to take it further - in the form of meditation and training sessions etc...

I just thought that the more we meet up the stronger our community will become.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 11 months ago #38936 by
A few of us were talking about this a while ago but we never got much farther than agreeing that it was a good idea and suggesting somewhere like Camden for the meet-up. If anyone wants to organise such a thing, I'll be there if I can! If we hold it somewhere public, then we don't need to worry about activities or events.

We could also (if you like) use it as a chance to discuss ideas for a more formal thing, akin to what they do in the States. The best idea (in my opinion) that had been mooted for this was to organise a date for somewhere like Center Parcs or another holiday location and to have people attend if they want to. We could organise activities for Jedi to do throughout the break, plus people could have time with their families if they wanted to. It would also get rid of the problem of how many people to book a venue for, etc.

Anyway, just throwing some ideas out there again. I think an informal meet-up might be a good start. London's good for me since I'm only an hour's drive away but maybe other members might like to organise ones in different regions too, say the North or South West?

• ren
    Registered
More
12 years 11 months ago #38937 by ren
We should organize something like that at the jedi gatherings group, contact some people at force academy, probably totjf and maybe at that christian site too. See if something can be arranged.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 11 months ago #38938 by Jestor
I was going to suggest a post at the JRC....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• ren
    Registered
More
12 years 11 months ago #38939 by ren
british jedi group: http://www.jediresourcecenter.org/vb/group.php?groupid=9

More
12 years 11 months ago #38943 by Br. John
As far as I know the JRC does not have a partisan agenda but acts as a facilitator for these sorts of things. Rather than us reinventing the wheel it may be best to organize such an event through JRC.

Once the topic is up then certainly give a heads up to any and all other site and groups that may have interested members.

It's helpful to avoid even the appearance of propriety and stay in a neutral zone.

There's probably some other obsessive compulsive soul besides me who's thinking "Uh Oh. Are we endorsing another Jediism organization?" Well the answer is no. It's merely a quasi-endorsement at best so it does not count.

Founder of The Order

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 11 months ago #38951 by Jestor
Many of us here belong there Br. John,

Myself, 666, Mark Anjuu, Jasper, Minus...

Those are only the ones I know of...

We are not endorsing them officially, but, it is better to let them do what they are set to do...

They do not really like the philisohical discussions...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi