public apology

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 11 months ago #38853 by
public apology was created by
After some private discussions, I feel it is appropriate to offer a public apology to members whose journals i posted replies to. While there is no current guidelines for who may make replies etc. I overstepped my boundaries by posting my opinion and viewpoints in them in response to other posts without stopping to take the time to consider that it might confuse members since i have not finished any "official" training or hold any position of responsibility within TOTJO at this time. In addition, please be aware that while not many members do so,some do read or skim every post on the site including other's journals and as such being the case, please pm me if you prefer i not do so as well. I often find alot of inspiration in reading what others post as I am sure alot of us do and sometimes that inspiration tends to get me acting before thinking and for that i apologize to everyone. I shall strive to do better in the future. If you prefer to keep your journals private except for the Jedi Knights and Masters who review them for completion of initiate coursework please let me know and I will make a strong effort not to read what is in your journals untill such time as that responsibility is laid upon me by TOTJO.

MTFBWY,

Jarin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #38859 by Damion_Storm
Replied by Damion_Storm on topic Re: public apology
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for looking at this the way you have. Many times there are things that we may do that may or may not be the best course of action. Sometimes we react in anger and raise our voices in haste and sometimes as you have we say ok now I know sorry and thanks for the information. Just a couple points. I have never had an issue with anyone reading my journal and if i did I would not post my work publicly. There used to be something that said only knights and masters can post in someones journal (and that is usually to aide in keeping them on track or helping with issues they may have) but with the migration things have moved and been hidden/lost. It usually is not a major issue but there are a couple reasons for this policy. Not pointing out anyone person or instance but things I have seen in the past.

1. Journals can get cluttered and side tracked with other chat
2. the less "fluff/chatting" in journals the easier it is for potential masters to sort through
3. Sometime (like in my case) I read through fast and don't always look at who posted then I get lost.

So what do we do? Well it has been said there is no problem with posting a comment about what someone says in their journal. Here's the loop, if you wish to comment start a new thread and discuss outside of the actual journal. That way everyone is happy and talking and sharing. As you stated there may be those that prefer only knights or masters read their journal and as this is only a thought on my part if someone does feel that way I ask that they may post that in the introduction on the first post in the journal.

Like I said you are not the first to post in a journal and definately not the last. We are not going to send you to the lava pits for doing so and it seams you understand that. It is great to have you here and if you ever have any questions feel free to ask were are always here to help.

Rev. Robert Cannon OCP
Bishop of TotJO
Master Knight of Jediism
B.Div

Active Apprentices: None
Former Apprentices: Cynthia, Alexandre Orion, Reliah, Archon

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 11 months ago #38864 by
Replied by on topic Re: public apology
ty br damion,

i do understand all the reasons for this policy now that i have stopped and thought it over hence the public apology.I am like you in that i expect any work done publicly can and will be read by anyone and commented on. Fair warning if you are the one to review my journal when the time comes..i tend to post part of general threads(nuggets i want to remember),my replies to those, sermons with my replies, blogs ,etc in my journal in addition to the coursework and exercises...pretty much the majority of what i post on the site ends up in the journal as well. I definitely plan on starting some general threads with topics that I see are popping up repeatedly in member's journals that dont mind it being read by me as my health permits me time to be online.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi