We Are All Connected

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 2 weeks ago #38483 by
We Are All Connected was created by
The following is posted on my blog (both here and my wordpress), but I thought I'd post it int he forum to generate a little more discussion.

We are all connected to everything. Whether you like it or not, you are connected to every single being alive and dead. Not simply because we are all humans, but also because you know someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, etc. Down the line, no matter how thin that line may become, you are directly connected to every living being, of every color, sexuality, and culture. It doesn't matter how much you dislike them, that could be your cousin's best friend, or your best friend's cousin.

The death of a single man has caused considerable celebrations in the United States and her allied nations within the past 24 hours. This man, of course, is Osama Bin Laden. Why would the death of one man cause such joy? Is it because he destroyed the lives and work of thousands of people? Is it because he directly caused damage to a country's morale and economy? Perhaps it is all of these things, but we have to remember, from my earlier statements, that every human being is connected to every other human being.

Osama Bin Laden did not strike out of sheer boredom. He brought pain to America and became a hero to his people because of our actions. We cannot sit here and blame Islam, for it is not a religion that did this. This was not a religious war, but a war against oppression where we were the blind oppressors. Our actions, as people, affect all people. Our motivations, our dreams, our inspirations, our everything is ultimately linked to all others. Osama Bin Laden did not simply see the biggest and hardest target to hit on the playing field, he saw the biggest threat to his culture, to his way of life, and to his own people. He had felt the backhand of our people and had seen the ripples that our selfish involvement with others had done to all peoples.

We're not some holy land of opportunity. We are no different than those people on the street we turn our noses up at. We are no different than those tribal people whose lands are being destroyed by none other than us. If I could, I'd issue a challenge to the entire human race to recognize exactly what we're doing and challenge them to end their habits of living in denial. But what exactly would that take?

I think it would take more than you would, at first, think it would. We would have to face ourselves for what we really are, and that is the most difficult thing for the individual to do. The individual has the ego and the ego is most often in control. We have too much in the way and we're not listening to our hearts. The mind is only a secondary organ, so get over it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #38487 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:We Are All Connected
If we really want to look behind the face of Bin Laden maybe you will find a whole wealth of factors (people) to blame for the deaths of thousands of Moslims, US citizens etc alike. One of those factors is the CIA, and as I understand (correct me if I am wrong) you have to be a US citizen to be a CIA agent. So one of those factors are US citizens themselves. Isn`t it ironic? Isn`t it strange that everyone seems to overlook that, or is it that no one wants to see the ugly truth in the face. Otherwise we`d be also putting US CIA agents to death too, but that wouldn`t be fitting would it? But yes even Bin Laden and the CIA are all connected...

\"During in the 1970s, when the Russia was the biggest threat to America and radical Islam was not as a concern of the USA’s, the USA began funding and training Islamic militants to fight our Russian enemies in Afghanistan.

These militants, known as the mujahideen would repel the Russians out of Afghanistan and later become the Taliban, Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood.

One of the most prominent members of he mujahideen was a wealthy son of a Saudi Arabian businessman named Osama Bin Laden.

National Security Advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski visited Afganistan in 1979 and met with Bin Laden and even took a picture with him. Brzezinski would tell the mujahideen

We know of their deep belief in God, and we are confident their struggle will succeed. That land over there is yours, you’ll go back to it one day because your fight will prevail, and you’ll have your homes and your mosques back again. Because your cause is right and God is on your side.

The BBC, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and the Russian journal Demokratizatsiya have all written that the CIA and U.S.A. funded and supported Bin Laden during the Afghan war.

Former British Foreign secretary, Robin Cook said:

Bin Laden was, though, a product of a monumental miscalculation by western security agencies. Throughout the 80s he was armed by the CIA and funded by the Saudis to wage jihad against the Russian occupation of Afghanistan.

Several other authors, journalists and statesmen have all made the claim that Bin Laden was funded, armed and trained by the CIA to fight off the Russians.

After Ronald Reagan was elected in 1981, U.S. funding of the mujahideen increased significantly and CIA Paramilitary Officers played a big role in training, arming and sometimes even leading mujahideen forces.

The CIA trained the mujahideen in many of the tactics Al Qaeda is known for today, such as car bombs, assassinations and other acts that would be considered terrorism today.

The U.S.A. would fund Gulbuddin Hekmatyar a mujahideen leader and alleged heroin dealer who worked closely with Bin Laden. Hekmaytyar and his political party/paramilitary group would receive more than $600 million from the USA. Author, Alfred McCoy, would claim that the CIA supported Hekmatyar in his illicit heroin trade to allow him to fund the mujahideen.Like Bin Laden, Hekmatyar has also become an enemy of the U.S., waging a war against coalition forces in Afghanistan after 2001.

America created its enemies, such as Saddam Hussein, Manuel Noreaga, and Osama Bin Laden.\"

- Written by Casey Gane-McCalla, NEWSONE.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by Jon.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 2 weeks ago #38492 by
Replied by on topic Re:We Are All Connected
Thank you for sharing this article, Jon. I had known of the U.S.'s involvement in Osama bin Laden's training and arming years ago, but I had not known the facts, nor those things that the article mentioned that occurred. This is quite interested, though if we, as Americans, and as a people as a whole do not end the oppression of others entirely, the next Osama bin Laden will be at our doorsteps before we know it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 1 week ago #38572 by
Replied by on topic Re:We Are All Connected
Just as a side note, the article was very accurate. Though I do want to point out that CIA operatives do not have to be US citizens.

Many of the things we do, come back to bite us. I believe in Karma. The US trained and used Osama bin Laden against the Soviets, and trained and backed Saddam Hussein as well against Iran. Less than 20 years later these US allies had become the big enemy.

One thing to note is that Osama bin Laden denied involvement in the 09/11/2001 disaster, but lauded the efforts of whoever did, and there was never enough evidence to support a conviction against him for the attacks. Many believe it was merely an excuse or propaganda tool to get the US and allies involved in the Middle East, to give a face to the public for the disaster.

The definition of what terrorism is falss to the victors to decide though I guess, the actions of the American Revolutionary army under the laws of warfare at that time were acts of terrorism. Targeting Officers and hit and run \"Guerrilla warfare\" were not acceptable fighting styles at the time.

I am not trying to be controversial and surely do not want to upset anyone with what I have said here. I just hope to remind us all that things are not always what they appear or are reported to be.

My only hope from all of this is that it gives closure to those who need it and that it does not spark more hostilities.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi