Heros

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 4 weeks ago #37880 by
Replied by on topic Re:Heros
Reading all of your stories and something very apparent has come through. And it's been mentioned before on this thread, but anyone can be a hero. A little kid, whose innocent and honest expression of sadness helped when it was most needed. A woman who was essentially a stranger who wasn't afraid to show that she was saddened by the though of a loss of a person that at the time she barely knew. A Troubled kid who, himself, was in need of a hero, and when he needed one the most he became one tho his hero. (I tried to make that last thought clear, but it's hard to word.)

My hero is a man close to 50 years older than me. When I was in 8th grade I was jumped by a gang (of people who at one time had been considered friends) who tried to kill me. I moved to a new city for high school. The first half of my freshman year I probably said 10 words total to people because I felt like I couldn't trust anyone. My choir director was the only person, it seemed, who was willing to find out what happened and why I was so downtrodden. He worked with me for several months until I slowly became like a normal teenager again. If not for him I probably would have gone down that dark slope of contemplating suicide because i was so alone. He became a mentor for me through the rest of high school and while I have been graduated for about 4 years now, I still keep in contact with him.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi