Thank You

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #3629 by
Thank You was created by
My life has been difficult (at least for me), though not as bad as several other people that I know. However, I would still like to tell others my story. At the age of 6 I was diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). Since the second grade, I have been diagnosed with moderate clinical depression with suicidal tendencies. I have always been severely shy and have been more of a loner than a follower. This, throughout all of my life, has had adverse effects on my social life (few friends, and even fewer people I could trust) and my self-esteem. I would always belittle myself and create an inner hatred for myself and I all that I would try to do. However, to make a long story short, turning to Jediism and this community has helped me with so much. I have discovered an inner potential that i never knew I had, and it has brought about a tremendous boost in my self-perception. Though I still get depressed and negative, I am no longer close-minded; there is ALWAYS a way out. Now, I am not perfect- I am a work in progress. But, at least it IS progress...right?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #3630 by
Replied by on topic Re:Thank You
You are very right. It is progress none the less. The growth you are experiencing is something that will be never ending. It is a part of our journey through this life and we are all here to help each other on that journey. Keep in mind, we here at this temple are here to help you. Never be afraid to ask one of us any question that may come to your mind. Jedi are always willing to help one another and we are here to help you.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 9 months ago #3631 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Thank You
It certainly took courage and self realisation to be so open about yourself. From what you say (fruits) we all can see the quality of the TOTJO (tree). Indeed our work with the Force allows all of our hurts to be healed.
In our healing there is joy. Through our joy we carry the light of hope into the world. What better gift have we than giving others a chance through hope.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #3635 by
Josh, I have seen progress already since the first day I spoke to you. I would again like to welcome you to the Temple and wish you the best on your road to self discovery and everything else. May the Force be with you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #3642 by
we have never spoken to each other, but by reading what you just posted i feel it is safe to say this. through adversity you found perseverance, and with that you will never stop growing or learning. welcome the world needs more people strong like you to fight. MTFBWY

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #3648 by
thanks ya'll, i appreciate all of this...hopefully, more people will show themselves (who have gone through this) and will find comfort in my testimony

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #3664 by
I definately notice a change in you Josh. You know i'm here for you anytime, just call me or whatever....and dno't forget the most important part of this : SMILE!!!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi