Writing things down...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #3622 by
Writing things down... was created by
I know we have the Training Manual Br Nash, but has anyone else written the doctrine and philosophies of Jediism down in book form? I went to Barnes & Noble yesterday and bought a blank, leather bound journal to write these things in. Though the internet is a marvelous thing, a physical copy in writing is not a bad idea, I think. While writing the articles and whatnot out, I will give the authors the credit due, but will use your real name instead of the screen names here. I hope no one minds, but if you do, just let me know. MTFBWY all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #3624 by
Replied by on topic Re:Writing things down...
That sounds like an outstanding idea. It's also a great way to focus yourself, and find your center.....or at least it would be for me. Upon hearing your idea, I think that I may also do that, not necessarily all the articles, but at least the basic ideals as laid out on the main page.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #3626 by
I am starting with the Temple Doctrine page and then will go from there covering our philosophies and articles written by members of our faith. It is a way for me to center myself as well. Keeps the mind focused too. Also, I tend to learn and memorize/remember more from things when I copy them out. I'm strange like that.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #3627 by
I would like to help with this. I may be able to help arrange for it to be printed and bound for us to sell or distribute.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #3634 by
Rev. Justice wrote:

I know we have the Training Manual Br Nash, but has anyone else written the doctrine and philosophies of Jediism down in book form? I went to Barnes & Noble yesterday and bought a blank, leather bound journal to write these things in. Though the internet is a marvelous thing, a physical copy in writing is not a bad idea, I think. While writing the articles and whatnot out, I will give the authors the credit due, but will use your real name instead of the screen names here. I hope no one minds, but if you do, just let me know. MTFBWY all.

MTFBWY. use anything i have written as you wish.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #3636 by
osgoodj, it wasn't my intention to write this out in that kind of format. It's actually just my hand writing in a leather journal. Nothing an editor would want to try to dig through, by no means, lol. Thank you for the offer though, it may still come to be something one day that is typed out all nice and pretty that we can distribute to other Jedi, but not right now. Not what I was shooting for.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #3637 by
Wow, the Temple Doctrine has taken up the first 15 pages in my horrible penmanship.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #3638 by
Perhaps I will type and help publish a copy in a few years when I have a better understanding of the doctrine. It may then be distributed to new initiates.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #3639 by
Actually all that will be part of the Handbook once it is completed, which reminds me....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #3640 by
It's not strange to memorize things like that, so do I........well, I've never been one to be called \"normal\" either, hehehe.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi