Help for the soldiers

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3547 by
Help for the soldiers was created by
Ladies and gentlemen of the Temple, I come before you to humbly ask your help in a matter that I feel needs more attention from our country.
As you know, for the past several years, we have been at war in Iraq, and Afghanistan, and not many people care about that, they would rather watch, \"American Idol\", or \"Dancing with the Stars\". That is a sad thing. If you would be so kind, at least take a moment to glance at the following link, and if you are able, or know someone that is, please, adopt one of our soldiers over there, and get together with some friends, or your neighborhood, and see if you can't create a little care package to send to that soldier, it means alot to them to know that there are people back here, that DO still care about them.

http://www.adoptaussoldier.org/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3554 by
Replied by on topic Re:Help for the soldiers
well im 15 and im into the war alot. not that i like it. i think its wrong and all that were doing is killing people there. well me and some of my freinds may go to a base and make thoses care box for the soliders in iraq.
o im in middle school and alot of kids like 150 are against the war but there are like 20 who think that its good that were in there and that were wining it

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3557 by
I adopted another soldier!!!! this is so fun! i love adopting soldiers!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3570 by
As someone who was \"adopted\" while I was in Iraq, I can tell you first hand the moral boost you get when you get a package from someone is huge. Not because of the things that are sent, (those were great too) but because you know someone at home is greatful for what you are doing. Even when most people don't see this as something America should be involved in, there are still those that realize, if we don't take the fight to them, they'll bring it to us. Please though, if you send a package, don't just send items, send letters, as many as you can. If you have people that can't help with the contents of the package, they could atleast write a letter, if they are willing, and add to it. The letters mean more to the guys and gals out there, but the items are appreciated as well. If anyone needs ideas of stuff to send, PM me, I can tell you what they mostly have or can get and what they can't. Thanks to those of you who support our troops.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3573 by
Just helped send out care packages not too long ago with my old First Sgt. I've got a great deal of friends over there right now. I can ditto what Dhagon said, letter mean more than anything else I got while I was there. Well, those and baby wipes. Loved getting those. Helped keep the funk away as much as possible. If you haven't participated in this kind of program, you should. It is very rewarding to you personally. If you don't support the war, that's your choice, but at least support the troops sent over there to do the job. Every little bit of home we send them makes being there a little easier for them.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi