All Members Survey: Sermons in Print + mp3?

More
13 years 6 months ago #34238 by Br. John
They would be read by the author or at least a real person. If someone wants a digital voice any computer can do a text to speech digital voice.

Founder of The Order

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #34241 by
Agreed. Although the digital voices are great quality (and certainly a leap forward from the Stephen Hawkins-style days), there's something inherently lacking (the human touch).

Thanks for providing the samples though, 666. Off topic, what software do those voices work with? They might be useful for a project I'm working on...

MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #34243 by
I have to say, this is an excellent idea. I employ the John Campbell mp3s on my iPod at the moment and it'd be wonderful to do so with the sermons as well.

More
13 years 6 months ago #34244 by 666
If is me, yes I prefer a human real voice, (more if you know from who)
was just to give an option.

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #34261 by
I have created a test mp3 of one of my sermons to see if this will work:
http://www.markbarwell.co.uk/audio/sermon-20-10-10.mp3

MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #34265 by
I, for one, would love audio sermons. I've gotten infinitely more use out of the Joseph Campbell MP3s and other audio beginner materials than any written works, since I can have them playing while doing other things, and thereby constantly keep them in mind, and absorb more information.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #34278 by
Mark, I like how yours turned out, did you do editing, adding music etc, or just have music in the background?

Also, your voice and accent sounds great :-)

I'm not sure how much I can do with my phone for something similar, been playing around with apps on android, and from what I can tell, my microphone is a bit lacking

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #34281 by
I had to do some editing because there was a hissing in the background so I thought I'd drop in some (royalty free) music at the same time.

Fr.Jon thinks I sound very British - maybe I should work on my Alex Guinness impression too! :-)

MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #34282 by
I have been looking at how to do podcasts or just RSS feeds that will go into media players, if this gets going and I keep it updated, would it be OK to start a TOTJO blogger account for just the sermons so that media players, podcasts, itunes, etc can get sermons automatically without all the forum chatter?

Here is a Demo which can be taken down easily if the idea isn't liked or Linked to if liked Sermons RSS
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by .

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
13 years 6 months ago #34286 by Jestor
Wow, Master Mark..... I agree with Jasper in saying your accent really sets off the tone in your sermon, and made it very enjoyable....

Sorry I am a bit late chiming in, as I didn't get a chinace to listen till just now.....

I hope, I can find the inflection and set a tone as nice as that....

Well Done....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi