• RyuJin
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
13 years 9 months ago #32189 by RyuJin
many times in life we will encounter disagreements, strife, or differing viewpoints. sometimes they will incite one to anger,rage,or tears.

when the duck steps into a lake, swims a while then strolls out, the water simply rolls right off it's back. one must learn to roll with the punches and let negative feelings simply roll right off, like water off a duck's back. a mark of a master is the ability to simply shake things off and not be offended by anything(or recongnize when this happens and let go)

master your emotions or become a slave to them. the choice is yours and yours alone, no one can make it for you and no one can force it on you.

the first step in becoming able to do this is to recognize the fact that everyone has an opinion and they may not be the same as yours. once you do this your mind will begin to open but again only you can go through the door.

once you have achieved a fully opened mind you can then begin to understand the perspectives of others.

through understanding, comprehension begins, through comprehension better communication, through better communication problems become solved, through solving problems peace is achieved.

none of this is possible if one cannot control their emotions.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
13 years 9 months ago #32192 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re:water off a duck's back
.... well said Br. RyuJin

Sometimes, the old adages are the best......

We all need to remember this at all times.... not just here in the posts of TOTJO...

But in our daily dealings with people in the physical world...

I constantly have to remind myself... and in the physical world, I still deal with people who have no that this is how it should be...

They yell, scream, cuss, belittle, and insult.

They generally forget that they are acting and treating others in a manner that they, themselves would not like.

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 9 months ago #32193 by
Replied by on topic Re:water off a duck's back
Wise words, Brother RyuJin. I have moved this topic to General Discussions to give it the credit it deserves and so that it won't get lost in Shottle Bop frivolity.

Whenever a post stimulates a strong emotion, I reflect upon these feelings and leave it a while before replying. I believe it is more beneficial to contemplate our responses than to have to deal with the consequences of rashly-spoken words.

What works for me may not be right for anyone else but I offer it nonetheless and in the interests of peace and understanding.

MTFBWY

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi