Grand Council of Jediism Proposal/Idea

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 9 months ago #32179 by
Brother John your reply was beneath you as a Jedi. Your sarcasum is not required and you should be more gentlemanly when speak with a none american. We wouldn't want all amearicans to be branded with the brush i now taint you with.

Mark you asked me is I would act a ambassador with other Jedi sight inculding that of the F A, ashla knights on so on. I am more4 than happy to help with what you may require of me. But that was more than a week ago and just little reply would not have left me bated with my tonge hanging out for what may be such an histoircal event. Maybe such excitement with this possablilty has me on the edge of my chair.

My apologises Master Mark and Master RyuJin for my lets run before we can walk stance.

As for YOU brother John I would MUCH enjoy a personal TALK.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 9 months ago #32180 by
I'm sorry if I'm sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, but speaking of low blows and tongues haning out...Couldn't you have just PM'd Br. John rather than publicly calling him out? I don't think that is a very good example of being gentlemanly.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 9 months ago #32181 by
This thread is now in danger of turning away from the central point. As we always say here \"we debate ideas, not personalities\" so I am formally requesting (as suggested above) that any further discussion of personal behaviour be directed into private messages.

Admittedly, the use of sarcasm may not have been the \"most Jedi\" or most appropriate response but surely you can see things from Br.John's point of view? He founded this site and in the 5 years since has been rolling with the punches on a regular basis. Through turbulent times (read through some of the old posts and you'll get a sense of what I mean), John and dedicated senior members have shepherded this community to a place where you can receive highly skilled and diverse training, earn yourself a qualification, receive spiritual support and guidance, and much more.

Yet there will still be calls for us to do more, and fast! The Force flows in every direction and before demanding more, and taking what you can, first ask yourselves what you can give. To take just one example from Br.John's post, this site costs over $50 per month to run and more often than not this cost is borne by himself. Some of us help where we can but it's not just about finances - we give up our time and energies without charge so that lessons can remain free to members. All we ask in return is that this is respected - a lot of time has been spent in creating a comprehensive training programme and support system. Committing yourself to training as a Jedi is just one thing you can do to help the wider community.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but rather a response to perceived criticism. Maybe even a renewed call to action, or to get people thinking. But I would hope that this puts an end to the tangent; let us keep any further discussion within this thread to the topic itself.

Talking of which, let me assure you all that things ARE being done. It takes time to build the infrastructure for such a proposition and each and every Jedi order, site or group needs to be contacted, replies received, discussions held, etc. To provide a parallel, it took the UK Reiki Federation several YEARS just to decide on a standard set of guidelines for Reiki training. That's within a community with many similarities in training and outlook. The Jedi community is so diverse that a unifying task will take a LOT of work.

Thank you for everyone who has offered to act as ambassador for TOTJO. We will cross that bridge when we come to it since it may be some time before that happens. Please bear in mind that we are a church and registered religious educational organisation and as such we have canons of law and legal regulations to abide by so anyone representing our Order will need to be well-versed in such things. How do you do that? With training and commitment to the clerical vocation offered by TOTJO. We have a responsibility to every one of our 3500 members as well as the wider Jedi community and this must not be taken lightly or rashly.

Anyway, enough on this topic for now. We will keep you posted as to any news.

MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 9 months ago #32183 by
Atar
I don't have to be gentlmanly I am a woman.

And to state No one is detracking any thing from the outstanding and enormass commitement that John has to this site. I know from speaking to other Jedi from other sites that The Order Of the Temple is far beyound the standards of they're own sites.

What I don't like is for someone to speak down to me when they think they can do so just because they follow the path before me.

As I said I don't want to detrack from the marvlious work done here and all those work so very very hard. But at 43 I will be spoken to in such a manner. My husband wouldn't dream od taliking to me as JOHN did and if I won't take such rudeness from him then I certainly won't from anyone else.

I didn't take any rudeness from young Daniel Jones and now we speak on very good terms.

Like I said I would much like to talk with John personally.

More
13 years 9 months ago #32184 by Zanthan Storm
OK let me say a few things on this. I don't post that much, because when I speak I like to do it in person and my apprentices here in Minnesota take most of the time I have for Jediism. I also hate writing for the sake of writing. So...

1. Until people have done/put up with/etc the things Br. John and the rest of the Council have then they should develop some understanding. People work hard. I have had problems with John in the past, I have had problems with the council in the past. Big ones. However, I still held respect for their works. Hard work has been done. If this was a a house; the foundation would have been laid by John, and constantly reworked by the council and the members. Pay respect where respect is due. Its like walking into someones home and talking off to the head of the household. Its just impolite.

The same can be said about the members. Though members, should have respect. It doesn't matter color, creed, gender, race, etc. We are all equal. There was a movie, the title escapes me, but there was a small speech that had the following. \"... Not one of you has to earn my respect, there is no need, it is your birthright, but god help you if you loose it. People you have my respect...\" We all should have respect for one another. If we didn't we would have no way to communicate or live the way we do. Once respect is lost by some, it takes concerted effort to earn it back and maintain it. Its inefficient and puts a hamper on communication/learning/teaching/etc.

I give kudos to Brother Mark for his post and I echo his words. Please let us return to our reason for being here.

2. The parties at hand need to take a step back. Communicate via PM if you have personal problems. If there is a question of wrongdoing then please bring it to a council member/admin so it can be addressed. One thing I have learned from experience and Mark already alluded too. This is not the proper forum for this. Let it continue as such will only bring more chaos.

We all signed up to be Jediists, we should all now continue to act as such.

Zanthan Storm
AKA Rev. Michael Ziskovsky OCP D.Div.

Master Knight of Jediism
Founder of Roseville, MN Chapter of TOTJO

Current Apprentice: The Coyote
Past Master: GM Neaj Pa Bol
Past Apprentices: Sr. Knight Kira, Knight Myos, Doriann

"Let no one thing control your life, seek to be complete and at peace."

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 9 months ago #32185 by
Master Zanthan

Your words are very wish and I humble to you patience and consideration within this uncomfortable manner and I would continue this matter privately with John but as I'm still waiting for him to return a matter I MP'd him reguarding the Holy Head Jedi group. I don't very much he would even bother to resolve any outspoken words we have exchanged within this post.

Though I have to admit for the most part while i have resided here the rest of the Jedi have been more an heplful and very welcoming.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
13 years 9 months ago #32187 by RyuJin
it takes some time for br.john to get through all his pm's, he gets alot of them just during the course of a single day. he has a full plate from sun-up till sun-down as such he has to prioritize everything, then hope to get through it all before it starts again. when i was his apprentice it would sometimes take a week or more before getting a response. i fully understood why. patience is a virtue. he will get to it eventually but he has many other things to take care of beforehand.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #32188 by
SammyJay,
As you may have gathered from your time in the Jedi community, the Holyhead \"church\" has a slightly different view of Jediism than most of the community and this has occasionally brought them into conflict with the Jedi teachings. If there is anything regarding them that we can help with, feel free to start a new thread, or PM if it's more appropriate.

MTFBWY
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 9 months ago #32191 by
Thank you Mark your a sweeti.

More
13 years 9 months ago #32212 by Br. John
Sammy Jay wrote:

Master Zanthan

Your words are very wish and I humble to you patience and consideration within this uncomfortable manner and I would continue this matter privately with John but as I'm still waiting for him to return a matter I MP'd him reguarding the Holy Head Jedi group. I don't very much he would even bother to resolve any outspoken words we have exchanged within this post.

Though I have to admit for the most part while i have resided here the rest of the Jedi have been more an heplful and very welcoming.

I have not received a PM from Sammy Jay. I just checked my inbox to make sure. I was not angered by his post. I would rate the emotion as slightly annoyed at the notion. That's why I posted a sarcastic satirical and I thought humorous comment directed at myself and the officers and not at any one person and not specifically at Sammy Jay.

My personal email concerning TOTJO is vast. All of the \"Contact Us\" email comes to me. I spend considerable time on it every single day.

I have no issues with Sammy Jay, I've had no discussions with him and I do not know him.

The best way to contact me is EMAIL
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
with TOTJO in the subject line. I will answer.

Founder of The Order

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi