Jediism and Physics

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3206 by
Jediism and Physics was created by
While i was watching some movies on Physics i go to thinking, The study of The Force and the study of Physics is similar in my point of view. The Force is the Spiritual aspect of some very basic Physics theories. The Force is an Energy, Physics includes the study of energy. Physics states that everything is made of particles and information that cannot ever be lost. The Force (when we die) recycles this energy (or information if u will). So I am just making an inference that the Study of Physics is just a Scientific way to Study The Force...

Feel free to comment or to let me know if i am completely wrong in this. i am sure more elaboration is needed, but for those not versed in physics i just wanted to keep things simple for the reasons of this post.

MTFBWY

~Rev. Michael Noffsinger O.C.P

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3313 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jediism and Physics
I'm sorry to day I don't fully understand the link you are trying to make. Maybe it is because I don't realy understand physics, personaly I prefer astonomy. if you could please explain a little bit more then maybe I could see where you are going.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3314 by
I am actually very interested in physics as well and will be studying it next semester in college, with particular interest in astronomy. I understand exacly what you are saying. I have not actually taken the Physics course yet, but i have taken chemistry, which is a physical science, and it covers some basic physics, and from what I've learned, I beleive that what you are saying is true, that studying physics is a scientific way of studying the Force.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 10 months ago #3320 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Jediism and Physics
In many ways I also agree with you. Since everything which \"is\" is because of the Force (Life), then also Physics has to say something about the Force. Also, what we know, including physics, comes from the Force (16.13: \"We use the Force for knowledge\"). There is definitely a dialogue between the Force, Physics, and the people.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3321 by
Do you think we could say that the Force used physics as a tool for creation and Life?

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 10 months ago #3322 by Jon
I would say physics (a thought process) is a means of which we can understand the Forces involvement (gravity, energy, atoms...) in creation.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3323 by
Oh yes, I would very much agree.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 10 months ago #3324 by Jon
In the old Greek world psycology, astronomy, mathematics....and physics was all part of philosophy (a process of understanding).

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3330 by
In quantum physics there is a theory that states that the original matter that created the universe as we know it started with particles that simultaneously existed and didn't exist, but in a moment when the conditions were just perfect and when enough manifested itself at one time there was sufficient mass to create everything we have come to know. I fully believe that The Force worked in such a way that it could be understood in a scientific sense, hence physics. it's hard to put all my thoughts into words for a forum post and hope that this can be understood. Physics is a tough science to speak about when so many people don't have a background in it. The scientific study itself is all very complicated and hard to follow even when u have studied it for a bit of time and as such the theories keep changing and evolving as new discoveries are being studied and learned from.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi