Moral Conflicts of the 21st Century

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3198 by
The world in which we live on consists of 6,525,170,264 humans (July 2006 est.). Although not all of the 6,525,170,264 have free rights in which we westerners take for granted. So it is our duty as free human beings to do our best to help the others gain their freedom and sovranty. Through this many nations have attempted to release and remove dictators through miltiary and forceful natures; to ensure the freedom of the enslaved individuals fallen to a dictative nation. Although there is other ways to avert war and conflict we fail to see these ways.

The western culture is highly revolved around our governing bodies, western media, & for the better part \"the easy way out\". We have failed in seeing the other side of most conflicts and only see what is presented to us by our beholders. I personally believe that we have a right and obligation to see the world through our own eyes and not that of our beholders. The western media influences the world around us and it is our obligation to ask questions and seek the truth. For the betterment of humanity it is our duty to seek the truth of the world around us; to improve the lives of all living beings which inhabit our beautiful planet.

As free minded human beings, I believe it is our responsibility to seek the truth of the conflicts which arise in our era. \"With freedom comes great responsibility\". We are required to oversee the conflicts of the world and ensure our leaders are the real voice of our people. Humanity has endured war after war and conflict after conflict. Through the lessons learned in our past we must remember the sacrifices of our ancestors and prevent such conflicts from recurring. I see the same issues of the past recurring daily for we have forgotten the lessons of the past. As free human beings it is our duty to preserve life and prevent past conflicts from recurring in the present and the future.

The western view of humanity has changed over the ages and the majority of western civilization have become self-centered and ignorant. The issues of the world have been left to the leaders of the nations when it is our responsibility to help solve the issues of the world. The government is the representative of our nation but when it does not listen to the voice of its people it is no longer the voice of the many, but that of the few. We are refusing the responsibility of our ancestors by allowing the voice of our people to be silenced. Through a simple action such as coming together to discuss the conflicts of the world we are making it clear that we are the voice of our people.

Through unity comes strength; the others of the world who do not have the freedoms in which we take for granted would certainly take action and make our voice be heard. The difference of gender, skin colour, age, social status, & culture are what make us strong. The diversity of our world gives us strength and hope. If the people of our world can work together and overcome the issues of the present and prevent the recurrence of past events; we will make a mark in our history as a people.

As a free human being it is our responsibility to root out the evil's within our society at any level. To stand together, is to stand as one. No matter the beliefs, cultural differences, arguments, and conflicts we are all one of the same species. We are one puzzle peice of a greater universe which awaits our arrival. Through peace we gain serenity, as one we gain peace. To humanity I say, united we stand and divided we fall. I ask that you join me, and for fill our duty as a free human being. Break the Silence & Make your Voice Heard!!

Written by: Steven Rush (December 2006)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3212 by
While it is a noble goal to desire the end of war, the fact of the matter remains, that war cannot be prevented, only delayed. Politicians are self-serving, no matter what they say on their campaign platforms, they are to serve one person, themselves. It all comes down to a matter of ego, something that all people have, a blatant love of self. We can't get away from that, even those of us that would like to think otherwise, are bound by our ego's. Until the last person on this planet has seen an his end, and shuffled off this mortal coil, there will be war. Do I agree with war? No, but I'm a soldier, and we have to have a realistic view of things.

We also, as laid out in the Constitution, have the right, granted us by the founding fathers, to abolish the government at any time, should we feel that it no longer represents the people. The only problem is, too many peoplel in this country are far too self-possessed to do anything about it, their lives are \"good\", they're free, they earn a living, and the grow complacent. I agree that something must be done to fix this country, because, yes, contrary to what people would like to believe, there is a problem here. Hell, the President isn't even voted in by majority either, most of our votes don't count thanks to the electoral college, 12 votes count in this whole country, granted, it could be viewed as a majority going by the states \"electoral\" vote, but that does not give an accurate representation of how everyone in that state actually feel about the person that wins the election. These are just personal opinions, views and belief's, take them with a grain of salt, or ignore them as you will.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 10 months ago #3291 by Jon
The morality of a war and being a soldier are two things.

In our western culture the morality of all of this is often questioned. In the Samurai culture (just to take a radical example) it is seen as being honourable.

In any case the soldier is doing his/her duty for the country. You might say that a policy of egoism is being served by altruistic individuals.

In any case there are no winners in a war. Everyone has something to loose.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi