- IDEA -

More
13 years 10 months ago #31849 by 666
- IDEA - was created by 666
Looking around I found that, maybe is not a bad idea, to have a record on line,
I'm talking about, a standard HTML, (or whatever) with a list of Members, rank, position, date,
Simple, but available to everybody
So anyone outside our community can check if someone is what he say it is, is like another way to identify yourself, other than your ID and certificate.
Is not hard to do, and if agree with this idea, and need help creating or keeping records up to day I can help.

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 10 months ago #31853 by
Replied by on topic Re:- IDEA -
I'm already working on a list but it's taking some time. Joomla, the software that the forum is run on, doesn't have a function for searching by rank, etc. If you have an idea to make my job easier, then i'd be happy to hear it!

As much as I think we need an up-to-date list, I don't think it should be available to everyone, especially not people outside the Order. We have the welfare and security of our members to consider.

Besides, the Council can confirm membership to whoever needs to know, within reason.

MTFBWY

More
13 years 10 months ago #31860 by 666
Replied by 666 on topic Re:- IDEA -
well the idea was, make it available to everyone, just, as a prove of identity. but you are right, maybe some people don't like to be exposed ...

by default you can perform a listing of all members, and then sort it by any category/rank/last login date/it supposed to be there,

if you like a script that modified the search function to give you a full search by anything you like,

Do a backup of the files first (just copy,and rename it)

[code:1]go to folder /components/com_search/search.html.php:

look from line 100 to 250, search for $searchphrase = strtolower( strval( mosGetParam( $_REQUEST, 'searchphrase', 'any' ) ) );

replace with:
$searchphrase = strtolower( strval( mosGetParam( $_REQUEST, 'searchphrase', 'all' ) ) );

THEN

Same folder but this file /components/com_search/search.php:
near line 100 - 150
search for:

$searchphrase = mosGetParam( $_REQUEST, 'searchphrase', 'any' );

replace with:

$searchphrase = mosGetParam( $_REQUEST, 'searchphrase', 'all' );

[/code:1]

close save

that should give you the ability to perform a search with any criteria

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 10 months ago #31861 by
Replied by on topic Re:- IDEA -
Nice idea but I don't have access to the com_search directory, only the com_admin one. I'll ask Br. John to see if he can manage it.

MTFBWY

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi