What does it mean to balance the force?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3168 by
In your opinion, what does it mean to balance the force? I just wanted to view other people's opinion. Any feedback would be great!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3171 by
essentially \"keeping balance\" means to Deny the Dark side and Trust in the Will of the Force, as the dark side is \"corruption\". This involves the purging of negative emotions such as aggression, anger, and hatred, since they could easily bring on acceptance of the dark side. In contrast, positive emotions such as compassion and courage nurture the light side of the Force. The Jedi Code compares such feelings and provides insight into the ethical use of the Force.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3172 by
This may seem a simple answer. I dont think simplicity, or the obviousness of an answer takes away from legitimacy however.
I think balancing the force, even though of course it would be relative to each individual's opinion, is simply balancing yourself. Deciding the influence of The Force in your life, perhaps. Balancing it in a way so as to not neglect it, or so as to not have it affect your life in an \"out of the way\" fashion.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 10 months ago #3174 by Jon
The type of answers you will recieve will depend very much on the person you are asking (Jedi of the Light, Grey Jedi, Shadow Jedi, Sith), and on the influences (Christian, Buddhist, Wiccan...) that the asked enjoy. So hold onto your hat, because you could recieve an avelanche of answers.

The Official Temple Doctrine embodies what it means to be \"balanced\" or to live the life of a Jedi. It describes how we (16.7) \"are mindful of the negative emotions which lead to the Dark side\". The Force (16.1) \"flowing through and around us\" on the other hand always was, is and always will be (16.12: \"Jedi believe in eternal life\"). When it describes (16.10) \"Each living creature has a purpose\", the believing in \"destiny\" and trusting \"in the will of the Force\", it is we who live with the Force who have to be \"balanced\" and not the Force.

Only a priveledged few if any at all are free from \"destructive\" emotions (16.7: \"Anger, Fear, Aggression, and Hate\"). The reality of it is that we have to confront ourselves as well as the world around us on a daily basis. We are called by our oath, as Jedi, to be constructive and restore the primal order of \"peace and justice\". We are like the prodigal son (Lk 15,11-32) who returned to the Father.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3202 by
Brother Finch is correct, the Force is already balanced. You need to balance yourself, to be balanced within the Force. As it is though, if you prefer to view it as sides of the Force, the light side is just as corrupt as the dark, just in different ways. Hope this helps to answer your question.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3210 by
Twsoundsoff wrote:

essentially \"keeping balance\" means to Deny the Dark side and Trust in the Will of the Force, as the dark side is \"corruption\". This involves the purging of negative emotions such as aggression, anger, and hatred, since they could easily bring on acceptance of the dark side. In contrast, positive emotions such as compassion and courage nurture the light side of the Force. The Jedi Code compares such feelings and provides insight into the ethical use of the Force.

Would like to make a couple comments. First, I agree to truly \"balance the Force\", we must balance ourselves, especially since the Force itself cannot by it's existence, take any side. And secondly, I would like to comment on what Twosoundsoff said about denying the Dark Side, and embracing the Light Side........if you were to give up one extreme, say the Dark Side, for another extreme, say.....oh, the Light Side, exactly how are you \"balancing\" anything? To \"balance\", one must fully accept that there is both a Light Side, AND a Dark Side, and they exist not in the Force itself, but in those who follow the teachings of the Force. Nothing but good would corrupt, and nothing but evil wouldl turn in on itself, there has to be both, just as you must have a night to go with day.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3222 by
Br. Shaun FDC wrote:

Twsoundsoff wrote:

Would like to make a couple comments. First, I agree to truly \"balance the Force\", we must balance ourselves, especially since the Force itself cannot by it's existence, take any side. And secondly, I would like to comment on what Twosoundsoff said about denying the Dark Side, and embracing the Light Side........if you were to give up one extreme, say the Dark Side, for another extreme, say.....oh, the Light Side, exactly how are you \"balancing\" anything? To \"balance\", one must fully accept that there is both a Light Side, AND a Dark Side, and they exist not in the Force itself, but in those who follow the teachings of the Force. Nothing but good would corrupt, and nothing but evil wouldl turn in on itself, there has to be both, just as you must have a night to go with day.

I beleive he asked about our opinion. as such i dont think we need to argue these views based on path. Mine is of the Path of light...yours is not. that is all...not better...not worse...just different views.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 10 months ago #3227 by Jon
It is true that what we write is our view, conviction nothing more nor less. But our doctrine says also (16.7) \"Jedi are mindful of the negative emotions which lead to the Dark side\".

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3230 by
Twsoundsoff wrote:

Br. Shaun FDC wrote:

Twsoundsoff wrote:

I beleive he asked about our opinion. as such i dont think we need to argue these views based on path. Mine is of the Path of light...yours is not. that is all...not better...not worse...just different views.

Exactly, I was just stating my belief, I just happened to have a good example of my belief in your post, nothing more.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3236 by
I think what is meant by bringing balance to the force would be to make a positive reaction to every negative action. If we can find the positive even in the negative there is balance.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi