What would you be?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3104 by
What would you be? was created by
Hello all,

well there I am, just looking out my window as I often do (If you've read enough of my posts you may think it's all I do). While looking at all the life around me, I was taken by the tree right in front of my house. I thought to myself how wonderful a creation a tree is. That tree just lifts his arms to the sun to receive it, yet curls it's leaves to receive the rain as well. The tree receives both with equally. I'd like to be as the tree, to receive both sunshine and rain the same way, with my arms up to the sky. In fact it's what I try (although I wouldn't exactly call it trying) to attain in my practice and apply in my life. So I was wondering, what in nature have you learned from and what traits do you admire about it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3185 by
Replied by on topic Re:What would you be?
I often think of myself as water. Always flexible. Being able to come up against any situation. I can pick up pieces of information and blend it with my own ideas. I could come up against a wall and peacefully go around it or, if the situation called for it , even penetrate through it. I would like to think that my teaching or my knowledge might give intellectual nourishment for those who need it and at the same time my cool even temper might quench the fires of a heated debate. I would be able to conform myself into any situation without losing any of my own qualities.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi