An Argument for Sithism?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #30212 by
Replied by on topic Re:An Argument for Sithism?

Jestor wrote:
The movie Sith, are like the movie Jedi, fictional. We all agree on that.

And trying to second guess a fictional societies way of thinking is impossible.

Also, if I remember correctly, Sith are Jedi.

To use the Samuri story, we (the Jedi here at TOTJO) are the samuri in the story.

If my understanding of the Sith Jedi is correct, then in this story, the Sith samuri would still have killed the man. They do not mind the emotional side of an act. It would seem easier to kill a man you hate, versus killing one out of duty to another's hate.

Emotion. That is what the Sith use for, the betterment of all, their opinion of betterment. Love as well as hate. Where we here at TOTJO hink it is better to use reason and logic to move through life. Not that we do not experiance emotion, but we try to be logical in decision making.

Excuse typos, this is entered from my phone.

If I may Jestor, as one of the remain few if not the last Sith I would like to clarify that I don't see myself as Jedi, only Sith. Many may contradict this point with shades of gray, but such is the way with things. Many points have been made that FINALLY others see in regards that mythos are just that points of truths that help devise a story. Not all truths are mythos just as all mythos are not actually mythos, but based on things from the ancients or perhaps no longer exists.

And your last statement Jestor in regards to Emotion is the only element Sith use, perhaps when you are comfortable with yourself and way you will learn that your way is not the only way and the thoughts you have placed within this statement is false and wrong. The only way to know is seek, find, and understand.

As for this laughable and contempable \"hunt down Sith\" well that would just be placing a person in a corner or a witch hunt. Which leaves one of two things for the hunter. 1) The hunter becomes the hunted, and 2) Disturbing a sleeping viper which can strike with lethality. All throughout history humanity has hunted and destroyed that which they fear, lack of understanding and choose through religious contractions to destroy. And that is why we have lost so much that the ancients at one time offered. Shameful.
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #30215 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:An Argument for Sithism?
Tiamat wrote:

[As for this laughable and contempable \"hunt down Sith\" well that would just be placing a person in a corner or a witch hunt. Which leaves one of two things for the hunter. 1) The hunter becomes the hunted, and 2) Disturbing a sleeping viper which can strike with lethality. All throughout history humanity has hunted and destroyed that which they fear, lack of understanding and choose through religious contractions to destroy. And that is why we have lost so much that the ancients at one time offered. Shameful.

quite true, even a squirrel will fight violently when cornered. personally it doesn't matter much to me either way. discrimination is discrimination....the views that are right in one persons eyes may be wrong in anothers....

when you look throughout history many of the greatest atrocities were committed by some form of discrimination based on a lack of understanding.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi