• Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • the circle is now complete
More
14 years 6 months ago #26375 by Garm
internet updates was created by Garm
I'm getting a new internet service on Wednesday October the 28, It's one of these internet, cable and telephone packages that I couldn't refuse...you all know the type, more channels, faster 'net and unlimited long distance for a little over half the old combined price...well that's all and good but lets see how the change-over goes on Wendesday. If I'm out for a bit that's the reason, I'm at home force strangling my phone, TV and laptop LOL. I will still pop in from work but my visits will be brief, they have an issue with that sort of thing, go figure...no sense of humour these corporate types :side:

Oh well, hope it will be seamless (oh yeah I have faith in the 'net gods...maybe a sacrifice is in order) and with luck I won't miss too much.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 6 months ago #26379 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:internet updates
i have the same sort of package...just to make sure it went right for the install i sacrificed an old 56k dial up modem:laugh:

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26387 by
Replied by on topic Re:internet updates
Just to be sure i didnt encounter any issues - I stick withe devil (and price tag) I knew - ie I kept my old net connection

I sacrificed my modem anyway - just cos of the annoying beeps it used to make - i did allow it a final cup of tea tho - straight into the air vents :p

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
14 years 6 months ago #26389 by RyuJin
:laugh: sadly i use to be able to mimic that annoying screeching sound my modem would make :laugh:

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26391 by
I recorded it to someones phone as a ringtone :p

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
14 years 6 months ago #26397 by RyuJin
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: thats just evil :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Quotes:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26431 by
well - if the terminator films come true - I hope to reboot the cyborgs with via dial up :D

• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #26460 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:internet updates
Well today was to be my big changeover day, and it ends just as I expected. I'm still on the old system. Here's the story, submitted for your amusement...

Ok as you all know I was slated for a three service (telephone, internet, cable installation in four rooms) The service fellow shows up at 4:00 pm (they work until 5:00) and looks over the house. I and my wife are at work, my oldest son(26) is at home. The service guy contacts head office to start the intallation and is told to get authorization from one Courtney Alsop ( my eldest daughter who has been away for the past two years at university) Ok so that's not happening so they call me at work and thus begins my involvement. I ask what has courtney to do with any of this? It seems that the internet service is in her name - she was home and signed for it four years ago when it was installed. Now the origional contract I signed for the new services has somehow been changed to my daughter's name so I have to call head office and sort it out. the service guy leaves but not before he hands my son a coil of cable and tells him to fish it through the basement ceiling before he returns at another date. (WTF?)

So I get home and call head office to sort out the mix up. I'm told that Courtney has to write them a letter to have the internet switched. I said that the new service bundle is in my name and the old services are up to me do do as I like - cancle, keep in the basement whatever. I'm told rather quite bluntly that I have to obtain my daughter permission to have the service replaced...I explaind the story that she signed because she was present and all that sort of thing but it was of no use...nothing would happen unless courtney wrote a letter...

Well my friends I hate to say it but at this point I lost it...What? the new contract is in my name, I am the homeowner, my credit card pays the old account, and the new account, I signed the contract in front of their salesman...I've kept someone home for nothing and now this bull. I said to just unplug my daughters internet and plug in the new service, the phone and sat are all in my name...on top of it I'm handling the existing disconnections...so what's the problem??? but nooo....because somehow my daughters name ended up on the workorder on their computer its all fracked up!!! I told them to just cancel the whole thing, if they couldn't get a simple connection right, well what else is going to be a hassle in the future I'll stick with ma bell.

You know guys, I work in an engineering office, I design underground structures and hoisting equipment every day...We deal and communicate all over the world and things get done with little if any problems, language, borders, cultures, we build on time and mostly on budget. I have a hard time fathoming something as simple as installing a stupid cable line in my house is such a big deal...All I can say is - unbelievable!! :S
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by Garm.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 6 months ago #26461 by
welcome to the progressive 21st century :D

What you ought to try is to get your wife to pretend to be your daughter on the phone ;)

failing that - insist on speaking to the dept manager - and if that fails - the next one so on n so forth - next step is to make em look silly and sell your story to the press :D

Nothing shalkes up sloppy firms like the idea of poor publicity

I dont want to scare you - but if this is the quality of their managerial skills - it makes me wonder what sort of service youd get there after

MTFBWY - A

PS - do you need to borrow a dial up modem :D

• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 6 months ago #26465 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:internet updates
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: sometimes ya just gotta laugh :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Can we say bureaucratic incompetence coupled with computer dependence and subjectification to the extent that the computer info is correct and absolute. End of story, no additional input required.

Add to the mix the unwillingness of the customer support person to step beyond the data on her screen and attempt to use some common sense to see this bump through to a satisfactory end for her company and the client.

I guess it all boils down to is the company doesn’t really care about just one client, the worker doesn’t really care about me, I’m just one of probably hundreds she’ll deal with tonight…this problem extends to most companies across the country, the globe maybe.

Where has professional pride gone?

I still remember some dos stuff though...ummm yeah star - dot - star - delete

oh what? who...okay? ;)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi