A message of hope!

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
14 years 9 months ago #25052 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:A message of hope!
...and despite all freedom there are defining features which makes us Jedi and not say a Christian or say a free liberal thinker. Our Doctrine is one of these.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #25073 by Alethea Thompson
Perhaps the best idea I can come up with to convey to you, is one that my best friend managed to come up with. It's an evolved form of the internet. Not exactly the matrix- though that would certainly explain a lot, wouldn't it? *winks*

\"the Force\" seems to be what carries all thoughts, controls the \"laws of physics\" (to include all those laws that no one has discovered-which potentially means a lot of our current \"laws\" are mere speculation because we haven't found the right sequence to disprove any of them), and allows for everything on a database (we will call it the \"Akashic Records\") to be accessed and utilized for our journey. Sometimes we are conscious of our accessing these records, most of the time we are not. Not until we can become more synchronized with \"the Force\". Since God and Satan predate all of us, they are much more skilled users, and therefore each are a form of \"Game Master\" communicating to us using \"the Force\" to convey a conflict (their wills for the future outcome).

Was God a creation of \"the Force\"? Or was \"the Force\" a creation of God? I cannot be certain, the only thing I can be certain of (as per my faith), is that Satan is a creation of God who decided to oppose him-and now we are in this spiritual battle until one side wins.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 9 months ago #25074 by Jon
Aha! I get what you mean. I kind of suspected you would come with this answer :cheer:

Now as to who created who. If you are a Christian, and according to the Biblical presentation of God, God would have to be the creator. Otherwise He would not be infinite, omnipotent and omnipresent. Simply put He would be a mere creation like the rest of us. Subject to the Laws of creation. Incapable of the salvific act, the ultimate sacrifice. Jesus` death would amount to a heroic act, nothing more.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

More
14 years 9 months ago #25178 by Alethea Thompson
Not necessarily so. Think about this:

As far as we know amoebas have no consciousness. We'll treat \"the Force\" as the same concept. It has no consciousness, but it can adapt and overcome counter measures against it. In an attempt to maintain stability of the universe(s), a consciousness was created to operate within all of the parameters of the \"the Force\". God, having overcome it's creation learns to use \"the Force\" more readily than even itself can.

Let's pretend for a moment, that God created humans by using evolution. Perhaps because he had to, or perhaps just to create an even more complex set of events for scientists of today to sit around and contemplate (for let us face it, humans are curious creatures). As you can see, evolution has gone from very basic chemicals to creating the conscious beings we are today. We have the ability to manipulate all forms of chemicals/species that have a \"lesser evolved\" form of us (RNA, DNA, fish, monkeys, etc). Who is to say that \"the Force\" isn't like RNA or DNA to God? A much higher evolved being, that created one(or more if you believe in multiple dimensions) based on what He could manipulate within \"the Force\".

As I said, they are contemplations. I don't fall one way or the other, but I certainly think about it in my spare time to fit pieces of the puzzle together. The Bible is not the only source of knowledge out there. So why should we limit ourselves to what limited resources it provides. We can't know for sure how long it took God to create the world and then evolve us to what we are today. There are some people out there that speculate there is time lost between verses one and two of Genesis because of translation. So there could very well be a good amount of time unaccounted for in Earth's history which would allow for evolution to succeed and the Bible still have it's idea of \"creationism\" intact. But I don't think I'll have it figured out, until I'm dead. ;)

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #25179 by Jon
What you describe is certainly a possibility, and who is to say that this is not true. But God`s placement into the matrix of the Force and his/her mastery of it still places him/her as a player, admittedly a master player but a player non the less. S/he is subject to the laws just as much as the other minor players are. And as members of the same boat what solution can s/he provide us other than a way to play the game better. This is a far removed picture from a saviour or an omnipotent God. You could say that such a Player reminds of the ancient gods of olymp, ever playing the game trying to be its master.

Just getting back to Genesis. Did you notice there are 2 different creation stories bundled together? Probably refering to two different traditions.

Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Jon.

More
14 years 9 months ago #25190 by Alethea Thompson
That does not surprise me, though I am not sure where the two creation stories are defined.

The reason it does not surprise me, is because of my friend Ally. She believes that there are three Earth Ages. At current, we are in the second Earth Age, and the third is during the \"Millennium\" spoken of in Revelations. The first is caught between verses one and two of Genesis.

I would be interested to find where the two creation stories are defined in the Bible. If you would be willing to point them out to me. :: smiles::

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #25194 by Jon
Sure, the first one is Gn 1,1-2,4 and the second is Gn 2,5- 2,25.

There are contradictions between the two, such as:

Genesis 1:25-27
(Humans were created after the other animals.)

And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man in our image.... So God created man in his own image.

and...

Genesis 2:18-19
(Humans were created before the other animals.)

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

Genesis 1:27
(The first man and woman were created simultaneously.)

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

and...

Genesis 2:18-22
(The man was created first, then the animals, then the woman from the man's rib.)

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them.... And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

Other differences between chapters 1 and 2 involve an imagined difference in the perception of God on the part of the hypothetical “authors,” and the alleged contradictory order of events mentioned in the respective records.

Genesis 1 is said to be a “P” document (dating from the Babylonian or post-Babylonian captivity period about 2000 BC), while Genesis 2 is supposed to be a “J” narrative from the ninth century B.C.

Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Jon.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi