A message of hope!

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #21151 by Jon
A message of hope! was created by Jon
*~THAT'S THE FORCE~*
Have you ever been just sitting there and all of a sudden you feel like doing something nice for someone you care for?

THAT'S THE FORCE! It speaks to you through the Universe.

Have you ever been down and out and nobody seems to be around for you to
Talk to?

THAT'S THE FORCE! It wants you to talk.

Have you ever been thinking about somebody that you haven't seen in a long time and then next thing you know you see them or receive a phone call from them?

THAT'S THE FORCE! There's no such thing as coincidence.

Have you ever received something wonderful that you didn't even ask for, like money in the mail, a debt that had mysteriously been cleared, or a coupon to a department store where you had just seen something you wanted, but couldn't afford.

THAT'S THE FORCE. . It knows the desires of your heart.

Have you ever been in a situation and you had no clue how it is going to get better, but now you look back on it?

THAT'S THE FORCE! It passes us through tribulation to see a brighter day.

DO YOU THINK THAT THIS CARD WAS ACCIDENTALLY SENT TO YOU?
NOPE!

Please pass this along and share the Power of the Force.
In all that we do, we need to appreciate life and our blessings will continue to multiply.

NOW THAT'S THE FORCE!!!!!!!!

Don't tell the FORCE how Big your storm is.
Tell the storm how Big the FORCE is!

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 15 years 4 months ago by Jon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 4 months ago #21158 by
Replied by on topic Re:A message of hope!
I have felt and seen this in my life many times, and it never fails to surprise and astound me. The force truly knows each of our hearts, and minds. This is the reason that sometimes we do not get what we want. The force also knows what is dangerous for us as well as what brings us peace. -Nephilim.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #24443 by
* bump * well deserved

What about husband and wife, him reading a book and me listening to an audiobook and all of a sudden we realize, they are talking (basically) about the same thing, even referencing the same studies? Yet, different authors and different approaches! Just amazing.

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 9 months ago #24480 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:A message of hope!
In my work as a carer the \"will to live\" looks very different for each person. Some...

...live in the present. They know the past cannot be changed, but they also know they have the capacity to influence the quality of the today and tomorrow.

...accept their situations and attempt to solve them through introspection, understanding, and sharing.

...set down to earth goals, sometimes trivial to the outsider.

...consciously try to belittle negative feelings and focus on the more positive like love and hope.

...surround themselves with friends and family.

...actively turn from self-pity and search for ways to help others.

All of these approaches are very human and essential to survival. Those who practice them are coping with their illness and ensuring that their needs are met. The sixth represents a principle of altruism: Try every day to help someone else! Whether it be just a smile, a hug, a kind word...these patients had something to give.

Hope is indispensible for the quality of life and human survival. It is not the same for everyone however: One person may hope for the fullest possible remaining life; another may hope to live until a family reunion; and another may simply hope to avoid suffering.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #24523 by
\"Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence.\" - Lin Yutang

More
14 years 9 months ago #24878 by Alethea Thompson
I've come to see the force as something run by an outside source. I would see these events as more that entity reaching out to us through the Force, than the Force itself.

But good message none-the-less :)

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #24949 by Jon
Randi Oxford wrote:

I've come to see the force as something run by an outside source. I would see these events as more that entity reaching out to us through the Force, than the Force itself.

But good message none-the-less :)

If the Force were run by an outside source would that not make the Force subservient and therefore neither omnipresent nor omnipotent. If so what is this source which has the authority to command the Force? If the Force is a channel of communication (kind of like telecommunications) then the Force has no will of its own. It is merely a means to an end. It is an object of practical use. The \"source\" is the subject (the doer), the Force is the verb (the action) and we the objects are the recipients. So how can \"Jedi ... trust in the will of the Force?\" (16.10) Also, after death when we become one in the \"netherworld of the Force\" (16.12) is it our destiny to become a means to an end? Frightening perspectives do you not think?

Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Jon.

More
14 years 9 months ago #25044 by Alethea Thompson
As a Christian, I do not personally believe \"the Force\" has a will. And this is where the prospectives are split between us. I believe in God's Will and Satan's Will. \"the Force\" is separate from them. It has no sides, those sides come from the conscious decisions of the individual making them, based on the morals of society and ultimately the universe.

It is just something I believe, and do not force upon others. For let's face it, I could very well be wrong. ;)

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #25048 by Jon
Ok! That you are a Christian Jedi I can understand maybe better than you think. It is also interesting to see the very different faith systems of the Christian Jedi here. Ranging from those who believe the Force to be an expression of the Holy Spirit to Jedi like yourself who believe it is absolutely seperate from God.

You have said what the Force is not for you, but please tell me then what the Force is for you. What is it in relation to God (metaphysically)? What part does it play in the divine plan? And how is that Force then experienced in mankind`s auto- created and faceted view on life?

Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Jon.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #25050 by
Well - i was raised a christian (Roman Catholic - but when my gladius never showed up - I was disappointed :D) - however - I dont believe in a 'God' or a 'Satan' - for me - this is actually the same label system as 'Light & Dark' sides of the force - here again - I dont think there are sides - the force simply is and its our own actions that determine light or dark.

The same in my mind could be applied to 'God = Light & Satan = Dark' I believe we are all 'God' & 'Satan' in equal measures.

I also dont really feel 'The Force' dictates our lives or applies a 'will' unto us - otherwise - that would suggest that everyone has a preplanned life ahead of them with no controls over their own self whatsoever - if this were the case - then how is this different to 'Gods Will' or 'The Tooth Fairies Will'.

Of course - I also dont want to be seen as saying my thoughts are right and anyone elses are wrong - we can and should all express our personal opinion and respect others for theirs. We may all have a different view and all be wrong.

Isnt the acceptance of other ideas one of the beauties of jediism ?

MTFBWY - A

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi