Re: Jedi Gear / Everyday Items

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 4 days ago #2045 by
Greetings to one an all!
One question I am wondering, as we all tread on our own individual path as a Jedi, what gear do others take with them?
When I participate in a charity or costuming or a convention or a parade I will have the full movie garb with either a hilt on my belt or an FX simulated saber.
What I am asking is, those of you that might dress a little different in the everyday struggle, what do you do to differentiate from anyone else?
I guess I should lead since starting this thread. I have a choice of belts & buckles that look a bit like Ben Kenobi's and I just aquired a vintage Swiss leather pouch like that worn by Luke and Ben in EP IV. I'll have to work with it as it is bigger than I expected.
It isn't that I would not mind wearing a \"proper\" outfit, but in a cubicle at work for a BDU manufacturer, it would not work.
( and neither would I ) I do happen to have a few Obi Wan's prominantly displayed though in my cube ( \"they are ACTION figures\" )
I also have taken a liking to medical 'scrubs' ( in browns ) as the shirts are a v neck, similar to a tunic and much more ventelated than a T Shirt and a have great freedom of movement.
I am also going to the mall and get a cap made embroidered with simply 'Jedi\".
I also have a white Galatic Republic emblem sticker on my car.
I sound like a convention geek. Oh well. It makes me happy and I honestly don't worry about the opinions of others.
MTFBWY, Always
Amras

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 4 days ago #2046 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jedi Gear / Everyday Items
i have a robe but i only wear it when i am in th mountains in the winter for warmth. other than that i wear my jedi symbol hat i got here and my sweater. thts really it. although if asked of me i will wear a uniform.

More
17 years 4 days ago - 15 years 4 months ago #2050 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re: Jedi Gear / Everyday Items
Tough to wear anything too 'out there' I'm a mining engineer and I too would not be working long if I were wear what I wanted, a small lapel pin would be nice...official functions being something else completly.

Lenny
Knight of Jediism
Last edit: 15 years 4 months ago by Garm.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 4 days ago #2054 by
Hello sir. I am Dark Jedi Sin Luz. I don wear quite the appropriate uniform of the Jedi either, so don't get to dissappointed. When I'm at work I have no choice but to wear my mandated Domino's outfit. My offtime I tend to wear khaki shorts or pants with cargo holds, and a plain colored t-shirt, usually blue, brown, green, or black in color. I would not mind wearing a nice dark robe everyday wihtout receiving strang looks from civilians. Oh well, what are you gonna do? MTFBWY. :whistle:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 4 days ago #2060 by
A nice emblem or lapel pin would be nice. Something that would work on a T Shirt, cap, pin or a business card.
If it were agreed upon a working 'field uniform' would be something for charities and such functions, or just going out. Even if only a polo shirt and a certain color BDU pants or something. I do happen to work for a BDU manufacturer and would be more than willing to help members aquire BDU pants if it were voted on or approved, and at cost or possibly to benefit the Order.
Amras

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 days ago #2116 by
i go to a freak high school...so i can wear my garb everyday if i wanted....and i do on occasion....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 days ago #2117 by
I'd end up in lock up or at least the First Sgts office at attention if I showed up wearing Jedi robes to work. When I'm off-duty, Ii tend to wear jeans or some type of cargo pants and whatever shirt fits the bill that day in \"earth tones\" colors. If it's cool out, I wear a zip-up hoodie, either black or brown. I've always got my pocket knife on me. You never know when you'll need one.

I agree with Lenny on the official function wear of whatever the Order deems.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 days ago #2122 by
As with some of the others here, were I to wear any garb to work, I would end up on the fifth floor of lovely Darnall Army Community Hospital for observation, hehehe, though I hear the ice cream up there is pretty decent....... Other than that, I wear fairly normal clothing, nothing outlandish, I believe that to be taken seriously, one has to act and dress accordingly.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 days ago #2124 by
Working in a corporate environment, I wear a suit everyday. but i often think of it as and feel it is my robes.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 11 months ago #2265 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re: Jedi Gear / Everyday Items
I found it very interesting to read what has been said, especially when I`m surrounded by people who would otherwise think I have lost my mind if I did talk about this. Certainly robes are an extended expression of a way of life. Indeed Robes are a Philosopy or even an act of faith. I spent 10 years in a religious order, and it was expected to wear the habit (robes). There were moments however when it was prudent not to wear them. After all what use are they if everyone would run away. Sometimes I found the best way of getting a free seat in a train was to wear robes, even when it was full. But if I wanted to communicate with others there was a problem. What I found meaningfull during my time in the order was when I put the robes on was: each piece of clothing had it own sybolic value and was accompanied by its own prayer. The act of vesting became a meditation in itself. It would be interesting for me to ask the forum, if the wearing of robes were not socially accepted at what moments could they be worn? Just on the side, where could I get decent Jedi robes, considering I am living in Germany?

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi