14 years 10 months ago #23390 by
Replied by on topic Re:Make Jediism Official
Add One more to that count!! 56

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
14 years 10 months ago #23491 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Make Jediism Official
Karol Fett wrote:

if u think that Jediism should be made a
real religion then go here and sign the
petition
:)

http://www.petitiononline.com/jedinow/petition.html

Excuse my breaking the list with a question. But is Jediism not already a real religion in Br. John`s registration with the State of Texas?

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago #23492 by
It is in Texas yes - in the rest of USA - bordeline (from my understanding) but I believe things are in the works to fix that

for the record - in the UK - no it isnt - people are still getting the wrong idea about what happened in the census

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
14 years 10 months ago #23493 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Make Jediism Official
I can understand that but just to use Rev. Ian Paisely as an example he formed his own Church The free presbyterian church in N.Ireland just with a handfull of people and registering in the US. All that is needed are the right paper and nerves at the offices.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago #23702 by
Add me to the UK list. however can us citizens add to the list?
Also yes uncle sam lets GI's claim Jedi; my buddy br. NickC had jedi on his dog tags, he even made me some dog tags (as he's a SGT now he can. it's good to be a SGT. lol) with jedi on them. (not in the army myself)

Kana Seiko Haruki wrote:

The UK government has a website for petitions and as long as you supply a proper name and address (that can be independently verified)then this is accepted as a formal petition signature. I suspect the US has a similar system, Im quite possibly wrong on the US standpoint but this is the case for the UK (ive signed a number of petitions on our government website and have been verified a couple of times)

At the end of the day, what is the harm in trying? well, ok, do or do not, there is not try :D

So im signing (if they'll take UK signatures)

As a side note, this temple is legally recognised as a religious organisation by the state of Texas and thus must be recognised as a religion in the US (id assume anyway)and the members of the clergy who are certified are able to conduct legal marriages so with this in mind, I think Jediism is a legally recognised religion. I also believe the forces in the US accept jediism as a religion with certification from this temple (I have made official certificates for members of the military here myself)

MTFBWY - A

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago #23703 by
Also I've performed a wedding under my ministry lic. and
Utah said \"groovy\", further more I'm doing another wedding aug 8th.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago #23779 by
I'm sure you all know of the Australian census issues in 2001. It would be great if Jediism was reconised as an official religion here but I'm not holding my breath. There would be the same credibility issues here as everywhere else :( .

I've signed the petition but suggest a paper petition be made if it hasn't already. Governments don't pay much attention to online petitions because they can be signed more than once.

Kana Seiko Haruki wrote:

It is in Texas yes - in the rest of USA - bordeline (from my understanding) but I believe things are in the works to fix that

for the record - in the UK - no it isnt - people are still getting the wrong idea about what happened in the census

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi