So Ladies...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #18093 by
So Ladies... was created by
How does being a Jedi influence your perception of yourself and your view of the ever male dominated world around you?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #18095 by
Replied by on topic Re:So Ladies...
Makes me just shake my head and walk away muttering \"men\". But then remember that we are the same way. Can't live with them and definitely can not live without them.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #18127 by
hehe...I know this is a female thread...and as such I wont state my comment, if you wish to know, PM me, haha

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 3 months ago #22018 by
i know this is a female topic but ive been to some a few womens right picket signs in my time :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 1 month ago #37624 by
The way i see it, Woman can be just as dominant in the world as men. It all depends on what you do in life and how you do it. If you let men control everything then whats the point in careing? We as women have to set the prime example for our sex in order to be recognized as an individual. It's not about being superior to the other sex it's about meeting our own standards in life.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 1 month ago #37654 by
'Say, is this chick talking about just being a gal and being a Jedi, or being a FEMINIST and being a Jedi?' Jack heard the obnoxious voice of Sissy butt in. Jack rolled her eyes and propped her head up with her elbows.

'And what form of feminism, anyway? The kind that says women can do anything that guys do, and goes out and does it? Or the kind that says we can just keep on doing what we've been doing all along because if we need to change, then the men have won.' And there was Lu.

'And does that have to be at odds with being a Jedi? With all your activist schpeal, all Jedi SHOULD be feminists, just like they should all be environmentalists, for animal rights, for social justice, and everything else.' Elysia asked. Jack thudded her head on her keyboard before any of the angrier, usually more violent characters started showing up.

\"As far as I can tell, it's at least become easier to be a woman in a patriarchal society than before. And that's from a philosophical perspective -- by adopting a Jedi's view of the world, having control of oneself allows us to control what would otherwise seem like chaos and other people having control of us.\" This was greeted with silence from all the lady characters, \"You know, like Ghandi's saying 'Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent'. Being a girl among men only matters if you think of yourself in terms of gender.\"

'Aren't you the one who goes on and on about Aristotle's virtue training and code of ethics?' Sissy asked, as horribly correct and incorrect as the half-informed teenager she was, 'Didn't he say that women were incapable of the reason necessary to achieve virtue?'

\"He also said that of slaves, but if he ever met Fredrick Douglas, he probably would have said 'Oh, this man is obviously in the wrong class. He shouldn't BE a slave'. So, I think he would think of minds and souls as having no gender -- especially if their owners didn't care about what their flesh and bones restricted them to.\" Jack argued.

'But you don't believe we HAVE souls...'

\"Shut up, Sissy -- you're making it confusing for all the other ladies reading this on the forum.\"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 2 weeks ago #38343 by
I agree with you Natalia. We can do anything we wish just as a man would. It depends on how we do it.

Yes sometimes we do have to work a little harder for it, but I say it is well earned. In this day in age it isn't as much of a problem (at least for most of us, I know there are some countries where it would not be pleasant to be a woman in).

Sapadu, I also agree. All Jedi should be feminists. Depending on how you define it of course. I'm talking about the kind of feminism where all women are equal to men with equal rights. No one ranked higher or lower, etc. (As a woman, I find the other kind of feminism, the hatred of men, bra burning, craziness as a bit on the crazy side, lol). As you stated, it is no different than being for animal rights, social justice and equality.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 2 weeks ago #38351 by
This is a patriarchal society. So be the matriarch...not the slave.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 2 weeks ago #38361 by
OK, so im a mere male but here is my take - I have a couple of 'powerful' sisters - I use that term cos they know what they want and they get it - both are successful in their chosen fields bu so what?
OK, my mom is the same - now she is of an older generation, a war baby if you like she too got what she wanted from her career etc - again so what?

My grandmother was the same, so was her mother - my point is this - be yourself - it isnt always in ones nature to be forthright so why feel a need to be someone or thing you are not.

If your a Jedi - again, be true to yourself - the two are much the same.

Now I am the first to admit generally women have a harder time than men but lets be fair and honest about this - there is much room for improvement but there has also been much progress - even in my relatively short lifetime.

I feel the key is to continue to drive home to the males, the female 'point of view' and it doesnt even need to be by force etc - but likewise - if females want a more equal footing given they must also give the same in return - some men feel the need to be more 'masculine' than is in their nature (im not talking homosexuality etc here) - some men just are not 'hunter gatherers' or warriors etc.

Everyone should accept everyone just as they are and see all their merits - racism is very much frowned upon for the most part but sexism seems to still slip through the net.

Just my thoughts as a male :)

MTFBWY - A / SYW

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #38362 by Neaj Pa Bol
Replied by Neaj Pa Bol on topic Re:So Ladies...
As my late husband always reminded me....

Men wear the pants... Women own them... :lol: :cheer: :laugh:

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi