Idea

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #16483 by
Re:Idea was created by
From what I understand, the issue has more or less been dealt with, and we're trying to move on. Bringing it back up just causes more distress, and keeps us from our actual goals (enlightenment, helping others, etc.).

IMO, no matter what we do, not everybody is going to take us seriously. And that's OK, to each his own.

But if we were to ignore the Sith altogether, we might as well stop calling ourselves Jedi, too. After all, it's just a title, right? And if we really wanted to distance ourself from George Lucas' work, we wouldn't even use the word at all.

But we do. So obviously, there's something to that, and I do think if we're going to put ourselves out there on the chopping block, we might as well follow the philosophies presented in the films, books, and so forth. :unsure:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #16484 by
Replied by on topic Re:Idea
The only reason people are fighting is because they don't understand. They voice their views without precep from what is true. Which is the reason the Sith are trying to not have the 5th up, its causing too much confusion and fighting. Not from the Sith, but the jedi fighting over things about the sith that they don't really understand.

As for people fighting over power, to my knowledge none of those people are from the Sith temple. These are Jedi, your Jedi Masters usually who fight over what little power there is to be had in this place. The power truly resides in the members, where it is supposed to. If enough people speak up on the same side of the same matter, it will get taken care of, thats the way it works.

DK

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
15 years 10 months ago - 15 years 10 months ago #16487 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Idea or just stiring?
Greetings Anonamous! Is this your contribution to the Temple? I am a member of the Fifth, but I know what time energy and interest I have invested into this place.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 15 years 10 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #16488 by
Replied by on topic Re:Idea
To follow up with what Dhagon said - I'd just like to point out that nobody is actually \"evil.\" Whether Jedi, or Sith, or Christian, or Scientologist, or Atheist, or Muslim, or Jewish, or Mormon, or Raelian. There can be a few individuals who are a bit screwed up and ruin it for the rest, but those individuals themselves aren't necessarily evil either.

Hell, even Hitler wasn't evil. He was just a complete loon.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago - 15 years 10 months ago #16498 by
Replied by on topic Re:Idea or just stiring?
Jon wrote:

Greetings Anonamous! Is this your contribution to the Temple? I am a member of the Fifth, but I know what time energy and interest I have invested into this place.

I wasnt going to reply to this topic as like Xiam rightly pointed out, as far as the overwhelming majority are concerned all is done n dusted and we as a whole as a temple are moving onward and upward.

I have quoted Master Jon purely because this is how I feel too.

Anonamous wrote:

I propose we strip ourselves of our Sith uniform.

This however leads me to believe you are yourself a member of the 5th, which is fine, but to post under the guise of 'Anonamous' also leads me to feel you either fear someone or something or you feel some sort of reaction would occur from your post.

Whatever your reasons, thats up to you and I for one will not judge anyone.

However, if you feel the 5th/sith ought to drop the uniform, then all the rites should do the same and everyone is thus 'Jedi' as I feel all brothers and sisters of the force are.

However, I do feel there are some good points to the rites and I also feel there are some bad. Like everything in life, what suits some doesnt suit others. But is it right to restructure a whole temple because one or two dont like the way things are organised? I have said it before and I'll say it again and this applies to ANYONE

If you dont like how things are done here, nobody is forcing anybody to stay and or participate.

We are all humans, we all have human feelings and emotions, we will no doubt have arguments from time to time, it is natural. But we only grow stronger and learn from these experiences if we behave and think rationally and most importantly work together.

How can 'Jedi' be taken seriously if we cannot resolve our own disputes in a reasonable manner. Now please please please can we stop dragging the rake through otherwise cold coals.

MTFBWY - A / MTFSYW
Last edit: 15 years 10 months ago by . Reason: typo's

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #16499 by
Anonamous we do appreciate and value opinions of others, but as you may have noticed many are upset with what you have to say.

My issue with this whole ordeal is that you choose anonmynity to do this. To me that shows misunderstanding or worse cowardice.

MTFBWY/MTFSYW

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
15 years 10 months ago #16500 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Idea or just stiring?
Here, here! Thank you Br. Rich! You described my thoughts and feelings down to a \"T\".

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #16503 by
I have voiced in the past my oposition to having any rites at all. I feel it segregates the entire membership when as Jedi, it should be a unified front, atleasts coming from the same temple. Views other than that of Jediism can be discussed on sites for that belief or view. However, as a whole the membership is fine with the way things are, so the membership speaks and it is as it is.

Which is why I support eliminating the 5th portal and the 5th rite, as an effort to further unite this Temple.

I do not however support eliminating the Sith all together, it is why we have a separate site. So that as Jedi the temple can be united, but as Sith we can still learn, teach and grow on our own path.

So, my challenge to you anonymous, speak out for what you believe, do not hide behind the shroud of cowardice, or fear of retribution. No one here is going to hunt you down and kill you or anything. Whats the worst that could happen?

DK

More
15 years 10 months ago #16505 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:Idea or just stiring?
As interesting as this topic is, comments from behind a shroud hardly warrents any attention. We here all speak our minds in full view of our brethern. While we do not always agree, we have respect enough to speak openly. To be taken seriously, join in as yourself.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #16507 by
As an apprentice, I would expect you to write something like this, however knowing who your master is, I would have expected he keep you better in check.

DK

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi